Not a flame or troll post, just an observation.

Old June 29th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
It's Chris

Default Not a flame or troll post, just an observation.

I don't bother reading more than the first 15 posts in any thread, even
those I myself have started. Why? Because that's about as far as I have
ever gotten before it is consumed with off topic flame posts and
replies.

This group sounds less like a bicycle tech group and more like Orange
County Choppers. r.b.misc is just as bad, but it has it's own group of
resident trolls (many of which are probably the same person under
different monikers) to blame for a lot of that. This group does to, but
many f the flame threads are started by the "decent" posters.

Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3(

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old June 29th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

"It's Chris" wrote in message

Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3(

I tend to agree with you Chris. And I also usually only read in a dozen
posts and then give up on a particular thread.

Old June 30th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
smokey

"Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3( "

Good point, I get tired of all the name calling, too.

Smokey

Old June 30th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
catzz66[_2_]

It's Chris wrote:
I don't bother reading more than the first 15 posts in any thread, even
those I myself have started. Why? Because that's about as far as I have
ever gotten before it is consumed with off topic flame posts and
replies.

This group sounds less like a bicycle tech group and more like Orange
County Choppers. r.b.misc is just as bad, but it has it's own group of
resident trolls (many of which are probably the same person under
different monikers) to blame for a lot of that. This group does to, but
many f the flame threads are started by the "decent" posters.

Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3(

It seems like it is the same people doing it. You could always filter
them out which is what I do. You may miss pertinent things they have to
say, but a lot of the time, the things they say are not that pertinent
anyhow.
Old July 1st 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jun 30, 9:06*am, catzz66 wrote:
It's Chris wrote:
[...]

bing, bing, bing we have a winner.
Old July 1st 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

catzz66 wrote:

It seems like it is the same people doing it. You could always filter
them out which is what I do. You may miss pertinent things they have to
say, but a lot of the time, the things they say are not that pertinent
anyhow.

Filters are what keep Usenet usable. Can you imagine having to wade
through all the Ex Dxxxx, Txx Sxxxxxx, Fxxxx Kxxxxxxxx, and Mxxx
Vxxxxxxx posts looking for something of value (and how would you know to
believe it even if appeared to be of any value)?! (x's used to avoid
insulting anyone).
Old July 1st 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

SMS aka Steven M. Scharf aka The World's Foremost Expert wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

It seems like it is the same people doing it. You could always filter
them out which is what I do. You may miss pertinent things they have
to say, but a lot of the time, the things they say are not that
pertinent anyhow.

Filters are what keep Usenet usable. Can you imagine having to wade
through all the Ex Dxxxx, Txx Sxxxxxx, Fxxxx Kxxxxxxxx, and Mxxx
Vxxxxxxx posts looking for something of value (and how would you know to
believe it even if appeared to be of any value)?! (x's used to avoid
insulting anyone).

Uh huh. Those are about as obvious as Sxxxxx M. Sxxxxx - Txx Wxxxxx
Gxxxxxxx Exxxxx would be in this context.