26.6mm vs 26.8mm seatpost

Old June 30th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 26.6mm vs 26.8mm seatpost

I'm replacing a seat post on an old bike. Current seat post is marked
26.6mm. Smallest option for the replacement I want to use is 26.8mm.

Problem?
Old June 30th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
_[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:34:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I'm replacing a seat post on an old bike. Current seat post is marked
26.6mm. Smallest option for the replacement I want to use is 26.8mm.

Problem?

Not if you have(access to) a lathe.
Old June 30th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

wrote:

I'm replacing a seat post on an old bike. Current seat post is marked
26.6mm. Smallest option for the replacement I want to use is 26.8mm.

Regardless of the marked sizes of the current and prospective posts,
what counts is whether the post you want slips into the frame without
being forced. The largest size that fits (without being forced) is
the best size.

Chalo
Old June 30th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
Chalo wrote:

wrote:

I'm replacing a seat post on an old bike. Current seat post is marked
26.6mm. Smallest option for the replacement I want to use is 26.8mm.

Regardless of the marked sizes of the current and prospective posts,
what counts is whether the post you want slips into the frame without
being forced. The largest size that fits (without being forced) is
the best size.

If you have plenty of experience. Otherwise it is not that
simple. I bought a used frame. The rated seatpost did not
fit. Not until I opened the seat post slot. Then it fit
hand in glove. Had I used your recipe I would have had
a too small seat post that would not have fit properly
and would have always slipped down.

--
Michael Press
Old July 1st 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jun 30, 10:34*am, wrote:
I'm replacing a seat post on an old bike. Current seat post is marked
26.6mm. Smallest option for the replacement I want to use is 26.8mm.

Problem?

The only problem is that the 26.8mm post won't fit..teeny problem.
Reem the seat tube to 26.8 or get a 26.6mm seat post.