26.6mm vs 26.8mm seatpost

Old July 1st 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default 26.6mm vs 26.8mm seatpost

wrote:
I'm replacing a seat post on an old bike. Current seat post is marked
26.6mm. Smallest option for the replacement I want to use is 26.8mm.

Problem?

My feet are 42 and the shoes on sale are 40.
Problem?

Get the correct size. Seat posts are dirt cheap compared to frame repair
after the wrong size post!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old July 2nd 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

The reason seat post diameters change in 0.2 mm increments,
and the reason seat posts are accurately made is because
that 0.2 mm makes a huge difference.

Thanks.