Campy Front derailleurs-Convert from Braze-on to clamp on?

Old July 1st 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SJB

Default Campy Front derailleurs-Convert from Braze-on to clamp on?

Can I convert a pre Quick shift Campy FD from braze- on to clamp on?

Thanks

Steve-who is finding more deals on braze-ons FDs than clamp ons.
Old July 1st 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

"SJB" wrote in message
Can I convert a pre Quick shift Campy FD from braze- on to clamp on?

You can buy a clamp that allows you to mount a braze-on derailer.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...%20Accessories

Old July 1st 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_2_]

SJB wrote:
Can I convert a pre Quick shift Campy FD from braze- on to clamp on?

Thanks

Steve-who is finding more deals on braze-ons FDs than clamp ons.

Sure buy a separate clamp. Campy has one. I prefer that setup.

Lou
Old July 2nd 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

"Lou Holtman" wrote in message
SJB wrote:
Can I convert a pre Quick shift Campy FD from braze- on to clamp on?

Thanks

Steve-who is finding more deals on braze-ons FDs than clamp ons.

Sure buy a separate clamp. Campy has one. I prefer that setup.

If I remember correctly - Campy only makes the two larger sizes in clamps
and sells the smaller more common diameter seattube mount front derailer.

Old July 2nd 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

SJB wrote:
Can I convert a pre Quick shift Campy FD from braze- on to clamp on?
Steve-who is finding more deals on braze-ons FDs than clamp ons.

"Lou Holtman" wrote

Tom Kunich wrote:
If I remember correctly - Campy only makes the two larger sizes in
clamps and sells the smaller more common diameter seattube mount front
derailer.

Nope, sorry.
Campagnolo makes no front changer 28.6mm and offers no adapter clip.
Requires an aftermarket adapter.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 2nd 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

"A Muzi" wrote in message

Nope, sorry.
Campagnolo makes no front changer 28.6mm and offers no adapter clip.
Requires an aftermarket adapter.

Andrew, did they just stop within the last couple of years? Seems to me that
I bought a clamp mount front derailer not too long ago.Just went down and
there it is on my titanium Merckx. But it may be an older one and not new.

Old July 2nd 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

"A Muzi" wrote

Tom Kunich wrote:
Andrew, did they just stop within the last couple of years? Seems to me
that I bought a clamp mount front derailer not too long ago.Just went
down and there it is on my titanium Merckx. But it may be an older one
and not new.

All Campagnolo 28.6 fronts were dropped after 2006 along with Italian
version of the ubiquitous 28.6 BZ adapter clip.
The Free China Taiwan-ROC part looks nice, works well, costs little,
just not 'prodotto italiano'.
Old July 2nd 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Tom Kunich wrote:
If I remember correctly - Campy only makes the two larger sizes in
clamps and sells the smaller more common diameter seattube mount front
derailer.

Nope, sorry.
Campagnolo makes no front changer 28.6mm and offers no adapter clip.
Requires an aftermarket adapter.
--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

I have taken Andy's advice and now stock only brazeon FDs. Along with
shimano, Campagnolo and asian clamps(28.6) of the 3 sizes. ANYTHING to
reduce part numbers.