Driving helmets should be mandatory

Old August 14th 15, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Driving helmets should be mandatory

Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

Old August 14th 15, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 8/14/2015 7:20 PM, Alycidon wrote:
Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

Wow! Cars 48%
Bicycles 1%
Agreed, time to make car drivers wear helmets compulsory.
Old August 14th 15, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Bod" wrote in message
On 8/14/2015 7:20 PM, Alycidon wrote:
Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

Wow! Cars 48%
Bicycles 1%
Agreed, time to make car drivers wear helmets compulsory.

Even stupider than you usually manage.
Oh hang on, its that time of night and you will certainly be stoned out of
your mind.

Old August 14th 15, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 14 August 2015 19:33:18 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 8/14/2015 7:20 PM, Alycidon wrote:
Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

Wow! Cars 48%
Bicycles 1%
Agreed, time to make car drivers wear helmets compulsory.

You can get some quite snazzy designs apparently.

http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-conte...14-helmets.jpg

Old August 14th 15, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Alycidon" wrote in message

Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

I wonder how that pans out with respect to number miles travelled?

Old August 14th 15, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Default Intelligence tests should be mandatory for cyclists.

On 14/08/2015 19:20, Alycidon wrote:
Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

Shocking post shows just how incredibly stupid you are. We all knew you
were a bit dim, but this time you have excelled yourself.

First of all, the link shows percentages, but no total number. It could
have been a sample of 100 people or 10,000, but without that information
it's meaningless.

Secondly there is no correlation between injuries and the number of
miles traveled. Again, it's meaningless.

Thirdly the information, such as it is, is 11 years old.

Fourthly it appears to be from Germany and is irrelevent to the UK.

Old August 14th 15, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 14 August 2015 20:11:07 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:
"Alycidon" wrote in message

Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

I wonder how that pans out with respect to number miles travelled?

They are data from an organisation dedicated to minimising brain trauma.
Shows you the REAL dangers on the roads though.

Old August 14th 15, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

"Alycidon" wrote in message

Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

I wonder how that pans out with respect to number miles travelled?

They are data from an organisation dedicated to minimising brain trauma.
Shows you the REAL dangers on the roads though.

No. It simply shows how incredibly stupid you are.
Old August 14th 15, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

"Alycidon" wrote in message

Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

I wonder how that pans out with respect to number miles travelled?

ONS data.
Ten times more likely to die in a car.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/howwillyoudie.jpg

Old August 14th 15, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Alycidon" wrote in message

Shocking figures show just how dangerous driving is for head injuries.

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/i... rop-smart.jpg

I wonder how that pans out with respect to number miles travelled?

They are data from an organisation dedicated to minimising brain trauma.
Shows you the REAL dangers on the roads though.

But if it fails to take into account the actual miles travelled, then it
tends to exaggerate or understate the statistics regarding the actual risk,
depending on the mode of transportation.
But I guess that was completely the intention of the author. The "tree
hugger" in the link rather gives the game away, don't you think?