Protecting the head ...

Old December 24th 06, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

Default Protecting the head ...

New research tells us how to protect the head when engaging
in potentially-risky activities. Could be a useful one when
facing a well-meaning friend who has silly ideas ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6190391.stm

--
not me guv
Old December 24th 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Nick Kew wrote on 24/12/2006 17:20 +0100:
New research tells us how to protect the head when engaging
in potentially-risky activities. Could be a useful one when
facing a well-meaning friend who has silly ideas ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6190391.stm

Perhaps we can persuade Fat Eric to campaign for a mandatory minimum
blood alcohol level for cyclists. If just one child.....er...no, that
won't work ;-)

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old December 24th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark McNeill

Response to Tony Raven:
New research tells us how to protect the head when engaging
in potentially-risky activities. Could be a useful one when
facing a well-meaning friend who has silly ideas ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6190391.stm

Perhaps we can persuade Fat Eric to campaign for a mandatory minimum
blood alcohol level for cyclists.

Hint
And there was talk of a voucher system for helmets, wasn't there?
/Hint

If just one child.....er...no, that
won't work ;-)

Oh, I dunno, though. When the infant me had an upset stomach, my mother
used to give me gripe water, which in those days contained an
appreciable amount of alcohol; and I developed a taste for it. This
laid the foundation for the excellent habit of head-protection which I
continue to this day. Can't be too careful.

--
Mark, UK
better !pout !cry
Old December 24th 06, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John

Nick Kew wrote:
New research tells us how to protect the head when engaging
in potentially-risky activities. Could be a useful one when
facing a well-meaning friend who has silly ideas ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6190391.stm

Thanks for posting this Nick.

I for one was lucky enough to have been very well protected when I
suffered my most serious head injury. Given the severity of that
accident I am in little doubt that I probably wouldn't be here today
without this protection.

So what are your views on compulsion?
Old December 25th 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

John wrote:
Given the severity of that
accident I am in little doubt that I probably wouldn't be here today
without this protection.

www.cyclehelmets.org/mf.html?1019

Iain

Old December 25th 06, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
LSMike

On Dec 24, 6:30 pm, John wrote:
I for one was lucky enough to have been very well protected when I
suffered my most serious head injury. Given the severity of that
accident I am in little doubt that I probably wouldn't be here today
without this protection.

So what are your views on compulsion?

How do you know that your helmet didn't worsen your injury?

Old December 25th 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

LSMike wrote on 25/12/2006 13:21 +0100:

On Dec 24, 6:30 pm, John wrote:
I for one was lucky enough to have been very well protected when I
suffered my most serious head injury. Given the severity of that
accident I am in little doubt that I probably wouldn't be here today
without this protection.

So what are your views on compulsion?

How do you know that your helmet didn't worsen your injury?

I thought he meant he was well bladdered when he had his accidents. I
would be against compulsory binge drinking for cyclists though ;-)

Old December 25th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John

On Dec 24, 6:30 pm, John wrote:
I for one was lucky enough to have been very well protected when I
suffered my most serious head injury. Given the severity of that
accident I am in little doubt that I probably wouldn't be here today
without this protection.

So what are your views on compulsion?

How do you know that your helmet didn't worsen your injury?

I'm certain because I wasn't wearing one.

I thought he meant he was well bladdered when he had his accidents. I
would be against compulsory binge drinking for cyclists though ;-)

Yep, Sigh ;o)
Old December 26th 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
LSMike

John Doh Troll!!! /

On Dec 24, 6:30 pm, John wrote:
I for one was lucky enough to have been very well protected when I
suffered my most serious head injury. Given the severity of that
accident I am in little doubt that I probably wouldn't be here today
without this protection.

So what are your views on compulsion?

How do you know that your helmet didn't worsen your injury?I thought he meant he was well bladdered when he had his accidents. I

Old December 27th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Al C-F

On Dec 24, 6:30 pm, John wrote:

I for one was lucky enough to have been very well protected when I
suffered my most serious head injury. Given the severity of that
accident I am in little doubt that I probably wouldn't be here today
without this protection.

So what are your views on compulsion?

How do you know that your helmet didn't worsen your injury?

I thought he meant he was well bladdered when he had his accidents. I
would be against compulsory binge drinking for cyclists though ;-)

But perhaps cyclists could be spare the VAT and other duties levied on
the protective elixir.