Vuelta

Old August 6th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Vuelta

So now that the Tour de France has a major investment in the Vuelta are we
going to see more of it on TV or will it remain a hidden Grand Tour?

Old August 7th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

So now that the Tour de France has a major investment in the Vuelta are we
going to see more of it on TV or will it remain a hidden Grand Tour?

It will be broadcast on RAI.

Old August 7th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

So now that the Tour de France has a major investment in the Vuelta are
we
going to see more of it on TV or will it remain a hidden Grand Tour?

It will be broadcast on RAI.

Italian TV? It appears that only one night of coverage is intended by
Versus. If there was any decent coverage for a reasonable price I would
expect Versus to get in on it.

Old August 7th 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield

On 08/06/2008 07:44 PM, in article
, "Tom Kunich"
cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

So now that the Tour de France has a major investment in the Vuelta are
we
going to see more of it on TV or will it remain a hidden Grand Tour?

It will be broadcast on RAI.

Italian TV? It appears that only one night of coverage is intended by
Versus. If there was any decent coverage for a reasonable price I would
expect Versus to get in on it.

The coverage is available ... but when OLN showed the Vuelta in the past, in
the late 90s and early/early/early 2000s, the viewership that flocked to the
channel for the Tour didn't come back for the Vuelta.

Giro viewership was higher, which is why they offered it online and weekend
coverage the past couple of years ...

But by the time of the Vuelta, interest in bike racing seems to tail off.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old August 7th 08, 08:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"Tom Kunich" a écrit profondement:

| "Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
| ]...
| In article ,
| "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
|
| So now that the Tour de France has a major investment in the Vuelta
| are we
| going to see more of it on TV or will it remain a hidden Grand Tour?
|
| It will be broadcast on RAI.
|
| Italian TV? It appears that only one night of coverage is intended by
| Versus. If there was any decent coverage for a reasonable price I
| would expect Versus to get in on it.

See if your TV supplier provides TeleLatino

Someone in Canada could probably check the schedule

http://www.tlntv.com/

The above URL won't work from outside Canada as they resolve your IP,
boot you to an "Ouside Canada" page and tell you it's for Kanuks only
when you try to access the "Events" but the actual channel
availability is at your TV service provider's option

They used to cover the Giro and Vuelta - but only Mon-Fri

I tried accessing from a Canadian shell account but a text based
browser isn't good enough to search the sie

However, if one is desperate, it's worth a try...........;

--
Davey Crockett
-

Barely a single household in Houghton on the Hill, Leicestershire,
escaped the scam, which was carried out over a two-month period late
last year. Residents in the village, which has a population of around
1,500, had no idea that they had been targeted until learning from
their banks that their accounts had been plundered from locations all
around the globe.
Old August 7th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Aug 7, 3:20*am, Davey Crockett wrote:
"Tom Kunich" a écrit profondement:

| "Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
| ]...
| In article ,
| "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
|
| So now that the Tour de France has a major investment in the Vuelta
| are we
| going to see more of it on TV or will it remain a hidden Grand Tour?
|
| It will be broadcast on RAI.
|
| Italian TV? It appears that only one night of coverage is intended by
| Versus. If there was any decent coverage for a reasonable price I
| would expect Versus to get in on it.

See if your TV supplier provides TeleLatino

Someone in Canada could probably check the schedule

http://www.tlntv.com/

The above URL won't work from outside Canada as they resolve your IP,
boot you to an "Ouside Canada" page and tell you it's for Kanuks only
when you try to access the "Events" but the actual channel
availability is at your TV service provider's option

They used to cover the Giro and Vuelta - but only Mon-Fri

I tried accessing from a Canadian shell account but a text based
browser isn't good enough to search the sie

However, if one is desperate, it's worth a try...........;

--
Davey Crockett *
-
Wanted: 6 ft of Rope + Vacant Lamp Post
-
A friendly immigrant gas station cashier has been found guilty of
helping to defraud an entire village. Abdul Samad Mohamed Raik cloned
more than 500 debit or credit cards to steal £175,000 in a global
fraud linked to a guerilla group in Sri Lanka.

Barely a single household in Houghton on the Hill, Leicestershire,
escaped the scam, which was carried out over a two-month period late
last year. Residents in the village, which has a population of around
1,500, had no idea that they had been targeted until learning from
their banks that their accounts had been plundered from locations all
around the globe.

Last year TVE televised one hour of the stages. Their schedule was
very unpredictable. It would start between 11.30 a.m and 12.30 p.m.
They did however omit certain stages towards the middle of La Vuelta.
All in all it was okay. They showed the ITT stage where Devolder got
la camisa de oro; and they showed how Menchov got it back. The great
battles between the Spanish riders and the Russian were also
interesting.

Andre
Old August 7th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Andre a écrit profondement:

| Last year TVE televised one hour of the stages. Their schedule was
| very unpredictable. It would start between 11.30 a.m and 12.30 p.m.
| They did however omit certain stages towards the middle of La Vuelta.
| All in all it was okay. They showed the ITT stage where Devolder got
| la camisa de oro; and they showed how Menchov got it back. The great
| battles between the Spanish riders and the Russian were also
| interesting.
|
| Andre

I checked the TVE site but when I checked some days ago there was no
indcation of whether they would carry the Vuelta or not

In any instance I'm thinking of unsubscribing from the net at the end
of the month.

Too many weird things are happening which isn't bad when I'm home to
either fix them or work around them, but I spend so much time away on
the road accessing my system via Telnet or SSH.

It's just become too much of a drag and I can use the Médiathèque for
free and was planning a long trip and net disconnection early next
year anyway
..
[EG. There are two power supplies, one to the modem/router and the
other to the tv decoder. So I lose my telephone capability. The ISP
says to try switching the power supplies. I do that and get my
telephone back, but the power supply which was powering the
modem/router perfectly (except for loss of phone use) will not even
illuminate the tv decoder. I switch them back and forth a few times -
same results. I disconnect my laptop then the desktop/server - no
joy. I try various permutations of wifi and RJ-45 between the various
boxes - no joy. I use a VOM to check the two supplies for volts and
resistance and find them to be virtually identical - My ISP has
offered no solution for close to a week now but exhorts against
employing third party equipment as a replacement for anything they
supply and in any case amongst the plethora of power supplies I have,
none will put out the required voltage.]

--
Davey Crockett
Old August 7th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

.
[...]

Davey,
Don't go by their schedule because last year there were many days
where they didn't announce the program but they showed the race
anyway.

Andre
Old August 8th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Andre a écrit profondement:

| Davey,
| Don't go by their schedule because last year there were many days
| where they didn't announce the program but they showed the race
| anyway.
|
| Andre

Thanks for the information André

But I decided to terminate my internet connection as of the end of
this month

It is just too unreliable.

--
Davey Crockett

La Vuelta Andre Racing 0 September 22nd 07 02:48 PM
La Vuelta Andre Racing 1 August 5th 07 10:01 PM
La Vuelta [email protected] UK 0 July 27th 07 05:37 PM
la vuelta Dan Gregory Racing 1 August 28th 06 08:37 PM
Who's up for the Vuelta ? Keith Racing 17 July 26th 05 01:34 AM