international cycling correspondent

Old July 23rd 03, 03:28 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Default international cycling correspondent

Eat your heart out Duffers. Eat your heart out Liggett, Sherwen & Imlach. The
name of Simmons has arrived in the world of cycling correspondents ;-) I can
see them quaking in their shoes at the thought ... not ;-)

I've done the odd brief stint on the local radio station (BBC) to do with
science (very odd & very brief) and Monday morning will hopefully see me
broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on the phone from Paris ;-)
Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link works!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 23rd 03, 03:34 PM
Digweed .. ;\)

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX tried to scribble ...

Eat your heart out Duffers. Eat your heart out Liggett, Sherwen &
Imlach. The name of Simmons has arrived in the world of cycling
correspondents ;-) I can see them quaking in their shoes at the
thought ... not ;-)

I've done the odd brief stint on the local radio station (BBC) to do
with science (very odd & very brief) and Monday morning will
hopefully see me broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on
the phone from Paris ;-) Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link
works!

Nice one .. Hope it all works OK for you ..

--
Digweed

Old July 23rd 03, 04:11 PM
Tony Hogarty

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

Eat your heart out Duffers. Eat your heart out Liggett, Sherwen & Imlach.
The name of Simmons has arrived in the world of cycling correspondents ;-)
I can see them quaking in their shoes at the thought ... not ;-)

I've done the odd brief stint on the local radio station (BBC) to do with
science (very odd & very brief) and Monday morning will hopefully see me
broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on the phone from Paris ;-)
Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link works!

Well done! Are you planning on being as ecentric as Duffers? Perhaps
recounting the odd paving slab story to keep the audience on its toes?
--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(take out garbage to reply)
Old July 23rd 03, 05:24 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Nice one .. Hope it all works OK for you ..

Thanks - it should be fun as long as the phone link goes okay. The person who
has the show, Louise Priest, is a nice lady and I get on well with her when
I've been on her show in the past - she has a mad sense of humour

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 23rd 03, 05:53 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

You could follow in the footsteps of Radio Norfolk's other famous sports
correspondent, Alan Partridge!

Ah yes, a true star of radio ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 23rd 03, 06:42 PM
Dave

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in message
You could follow in the footsteps of Radio Norfolk's other famous sports
correspondent, Alan Partridge!

Ah yes, a true star of radio ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Yes!...and if the 'I am a horse. Coming through on the inside...I am a
horse' doesn't work, you can always try ol' faithful...'listen carefully, I
shall say zis only once'.....and don't forget to deny rumours that Lance is
thinking of taking up downhill mountain biking next year 'cos it seems such
fun. Copyright on any of the aforementioned wheezes, payments to....

Well done Helen, enjoy. Get it recorded and put on a website for all to
access somewhere ;-)

Cheers,

Dave.

Old July 23rd 03, 06:49 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 23 Jul 2003 14:28:19 GMT, omcom
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on the phone from Paris

In the coveted pre-breakfast slot on Radio Norfolk? ;-)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]
Old July 23rd 03, 09:22 PM
Chris Bardell

snip

Monday morning will
hopefully see me broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on
the phone from Paris ;-) Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link
works!

More details please (what time? BBC Radio Norfolk?). I'll be between
jobs on Monday, so I could try to record it / rip it / bung it on some
webspace.

--ChrisB
Old July 23rd 03, 10:05 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Maybe we can listen in on your momentous .. er .. moments ..

I don't think my momentous moments will be on the web site broadcast bit -
that's just for sport/news/travel.

You are spared ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old July 23rd 03, 10:06 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Well done Helen, enjoy. Get it recorded and put on a website for all to
access somewhere ;-)

I might plead nicely and ask if they'll do me a tape of it!

Cheers, helen s