RR: Maiden Voyage

Old May 21st 07, 02:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default RR: Maiden Voyage

So I took the new bike for a workout. The maiden voyage was certainly a
little bit of everything. We hit Buffalo Creek and I have to say this
thing climbs every bit as well, if not better than the Titus Racer-X.
So the bike got to experience, dry conditions, rocks, decomposed
granite, sand, and then all the above mixed with a torrential downpour.
Pure fun!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5738.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5739.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5740.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5741.jpg

We came across quite a few downed trees going up Tramway.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5742.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5743.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5744.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5745.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5746.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5747.jpg

Quite a few singlespeeders as well.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5748.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5749.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5750.jpg

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
popular out here.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 21st 07, 05:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:07:14 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
popular out here.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.
--
Slack
Old May 21st 07, 05:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
popular out here.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.

Oh please. It was raining and my friend lent me his extra jacket. I'm
a mountain biker, not peacock roadie.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 21st 07, 01:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

wrote:

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
popular out here.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.

Oh please. It was raining and my friend lent me his extra jacket. I'm
a mountain biker, not peacock roadie.

Guess I forgot the
--
Slack
Old May 21st 07, 08:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 20, 9:08Â*pm, â–€Slack wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:07:14 -0700, Ride-A-Lot Â*

wrote:

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Â*Now I know why this bike is so Â*
popular out here.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.
--
Slack

Yeah, what's all of that garbage attached to the handlebars?

JD

Old May 21st 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
popular out here.
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.
--
Slack

Yeah, what's all of that garbage attached to the handlebars?

JD

The GPS? I was actually using it to flag waypoints where the trees were
down, so the rangers can get to them with the chainsaw. There were
quite a few assholes already braiding the trail instead of going over
the fall.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 21st 07, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is
so popular out here.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.

Oh please. It was raining and my friend lent me his extra jacket.
I'm a mountain biker, not peacock roadie.

Guess I forgot the

No. I knew you were kidding. I'll say it now. I like the bike pants.
They hold my nuts in place. When I ride in shorts I get nasty
chaffing, even with sportslick. I'm a hairy guy, what can I say?

I know, TMI.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 22nd 07, 09:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On May 21, 3:51 pm, JD wrote:

Yeah, what's all of that garbage attached to the handlebars?

I finally stripped the computer off the fixie. Now the only thing
mounted to the bars is a bell. It really is amazing the psychological
effect: it's the closest I can get to feeling like a kid again.
Actually, I vividly remember the first bicycle speedometer I got when
I was a kid. One of those insane bulky cable-operated chrome Schwinn
things:

http://tinyurl.com/3dkpkh

My dad mounted it to the bars, and I took off down the street,
pedaling as hard as I could and staring intently at the speedo, and
ran straight into a phone pole.

Back to the thread, however: RAL really does look like a big beet.

CC

Old May 22nd 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 21, 3:51 pm, JD wrote:

Yeah, what's all of that garbage attached to the handlebars?

I finally stripped the computer off the fixie. Now the only thing
mounted to the bars is a bell. It really is amazing the psychological
effect: it's the closest I can get to feeling like a kid again.

Ay.

"Up in the clouds
ah up in the clouds
down in the dirt
it's so good
so good it hurts" - The Mekons

Old May 22nd 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Corvus Corvax wrote:

Back to the thread, however: RAL really does look like a big beet.

CC

That's just plain mean. It wasn't my jacket!!!!!!!!

Had I brought it with me, I would have been wearing this...

http://tinyurl.com/3x4blr

Not that it is much better.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o