Britain’s first roundabout prioritising cyclists being built in Cambridge

Old June 15th 18, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Britain’s first roundabout prioritising cyclists being built in Cambridge

The Dutch-style circular will feature dedicated red bike lanes into and
out of every exit. Parallel pedestrian crossings and speed-reduction
measures will help prevent accidents, designers say. “I want us to
become a nation of cyclists, and to make it the natural choice of
transport for people of all ages and backgrounds,” said cycling minister
Jesse Norman. “We are determined to make cycling safer and easier across
the country.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/britains...-in-cambridge/
--
Bod
Old June 15th 18, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 3:23:35 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
The Dutch-style circular will feature dedicated red bike lanes into and
out of every exit. Parallel pedestrian crossings and speed-reduction
measures will help prevent accidents, designers say. “I want us to
become a nation of cyclists, and to make it the natural choice of
transport for people of all ages and backgrounds,” said cycling minister
Jesse Norman. “We are determined to make cycling safer and easier across
the country.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/britains...-in-cambridge/
--
Bod

I think what Mr Mister meant when he said "What a nightmare!" is 'I will be unable to get it up for months if I have to give way to a cyclist'.

I think this applies to all objections.
This subject has come up before.
We have been told

It is suicidal for cyclists.
Road tax
It will cause chaos.
Road tax
It wont work.
Road tax
The environment will suffer.
Road tax

All of which mean motorists can't stand the idea of having to give way to a cyclist so they claim it is in the cyclists best interest to cower by the side of the road.

Old July 1st 18, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/06/2018 21:28, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Once the roadworks have been finished and the new road layout is
operating, how many weeks do you estimate it will be before a cyclist is
killed by a bus or lorry at that spot?

~~FS:Merlin Road Frame and Forks, 59 cm Cambridge Built~~ Barbour Warren Marketplace 0 February 26th 08 08:20 PM
FA: Merlin Road Bike Frame - Cambridge Built! Lee Marketplace 0 November 12th 06 11:28 PM
bad cyclists and my local roundabout, Overport Rd Frankston AndrewJ Australia 53 June 1st 06 03:08 AM
Cambridge cyclists! Eatmorepies UK 27 January 22nd 05 05:45 PM
Queensland Parliament E-Petitions (Toowong roundabout, Milton Roadpedestrian and cyclists crossing) Tamyka Bell Australia 2 January 12th 05 05:19 AM