update on the cyclist arrested for gbh and dangerous cycling

Old August 7th 13, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default update on the cyclist arrested for gbh and dangerous cycling

http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

Old August 7th 13, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"MrCheerful" wrote in message
http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on the
bus, even though he wasn't.

Old August 7th 13, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Iain[_2_]

Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"MrCheerful" wrote in message
http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up
on the bus, even though he wasn't.

We have the benefit of reading it with the update. The original version was
much briefer, with virtually no detail.

--
Iain

Old August 7th 13, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message

"MrCheerful" wrote in message
http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on
the bus, even though he wasn't.

Cyclists are unable to comprehend anything outside their own blinkered
world.

Even if the elderly man had been performing a handstand, the crash was
caused by the cyclist.

Old August 7th 13, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Iain" wrote in message
Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"MrCheerful" wrote in message
http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up
on the bus, even though he wasn't.

We have the benefit of reading it with the update. The original version
was much briefer, with virtually no detail.

Which, as we all know, doesn't stop psycholists from filling in the blanks
to mitigate or emphasise blame depending on who is involved.

Old August 7th 13, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"MrCheerful" wrote in message

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message

"MrCheerful" wrote in message
http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on
the bus, even though he wasn't.

Cyclists are unable to comprehend anything outside their own blinkered
world.

Even if the elderly man had been performing a handstand, the crash was
caused by the cyclist.

So we can now expect another week of speculation about what the bus driver
or someone else did to make the cyclist behave in that way against his will.

Old August 7th 13, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 09:22:38 +0100, "MrCheerful"
wrote:

http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

I am sure that the fridge-freezer insurance will cover things.

Old August 7th 13, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 10:07:56 UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"MrCheerful" wrote in message

http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on the

bus, even though he wasn't.

but why wasn't grandad wearing a helmet?

I foresaw this type of accident occuring and it is for which I stopped riding on buses when my health deteriorated. It's not so great to have a free bus pass when one can't go more than a mile, can't walk around and fears the risk of getting thrown from the seat. I have less fears on the bike and no need to wear a helmet.
Old August 7th 13, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 10:07:56 UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"MrCheerful" wrote in message

http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on
the

bus, even though he wasn't.

but why wasn't grandad wearing a helmet?

I foresaw this type of accident occuring and it is for which I stopped
riding on buses when my health deteriorated. It's not so great to have a
free bus pass when one can't go more than a mile, can't walk around and
fears the risk of getting thrown from the seat. I have less fears on the
bike and no need to wear a helmet.

Indeed, I'm sure the statistics for death while on a bus/death while riding
a bike will surely justify your fears.

Old August 7th 13, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 15:44:52 UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"thirty-six" wrote in message

On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 10:07:56 UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"MrCheerful" wrote in message

http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on

the

bus, even though he wasn't.

but why wasn't grandad wearing a helmet?

I foresaw this type of accident occuring and it is for which I stopped

riding on buses when my health deteriorated. It's not so great to have a

free bus pass when one can't go more than a mile, can't walk around and

fears the risk of getting thrown from the seat. I have less fears on the

bike and no need to wear a helmet.

Indeed, I'm sure the statistics for death while on a bus/death while riding

a bike will surely justify your fears.

I've experienced many more close shaves per 100,000 miles during bus riding than by bike riding and have been thrown from my bus seat at least three times when fit and well. As I have no control over the bus, the bicycle has proved itself to be the safer alternative for me, without the plastic cap.