Miyata or KH

Old June 27th 05, 12:37 AM
bigjohn_117

Default Miyata or KH

i'm getting a new seat and i can't decide between a miyata or a KH seat.
some people say the miyata is uncomfortable for seat out. i dunno can
you help me?

--
bigjohn_117
bigjohn_117's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9882

Old June 27th 05, 12:45 AM
James_Potter

I don't know who would say Miyata is uncomfortable for seat out....I
think it's much better than the KH for that. The KH is big and bulky,
so it can be hard to pull it out of or put it back in between your legs.
The Miyata is smaller, and lighter, so it's obviously better for seat
out skills.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old June 27th 05, 12:45 AM
juggle508

I have a KH and it is great... It is kinda bulky for seat out hopping. I
don't believe i heard a miyata being uncomfortable for seat out.

--
juggle508 - Extreme UNIcyclist

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old June 27th 05, 01:36 AM
TylerHeartless

I've heard the frame underneath can be sharp and hurt your hand but that
can be solved with some rubber hosing and some tape.

--
TylerHeartless - jud jud FRANK!

There is a difference between living and existing.
TylerHeartless's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9797

Old June 27th 05, 02:01 AM
roadkill

I have both the KH and Miyata seats.
For seat out...the Miyata all the way. The KH is very bulky and curved ;
The Miyata is designed for freestyle, and I have always found it to be
comfortable.

--
roadkill - Crash Test Dummy

" Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. "
roadkill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9784

Old June 27th 05, 02:39 AM
leeman180

I havn't tried out a Miyata seat yet, but my cut-down KH Fusion seat is
perfect for seat out. And it is still plenty comfortable to sit on, if
not more comfy than it was before.

| Attachment filename: p1010029.sized.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/330728|

leeman180 - i should be out riding

'My Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Lees-Uni-Stuff) - last
updated 5/20/05
leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

Old June 27th 05, 05:27 AM
dogbowl

KH? Forget em--to big and brick-like.
Miyata? Forget those too--very wimpy.
There is one saddle I do recommend.
Savage. Outstanding comfort like you would not believe....

Just kidding!
Seriously, I have always used the KH, but already I am sitting here with
a 20" tube trying to improvise an air seat, so maybe in the long run, a
miyata-style airseat is the way to go....

--
dogbowl - Member, Sun28 appreciation Society

So I ride a Sun 28. You gotta problem with that?

All I want out of life is to be able to ride the unicycle while smoking
a cigar at the same time. Is that too much to ask for?
www.dogbowl.com / www.eyeballplanet.com

dogbowl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6629

Old June 27th 05, 09:25 PM
TylerHeartless

leeman about how much did you cut off that's looks so perfect.

Old June 27th 05, 10:00 PM
Catboy

I love both saddles, I have a miyata with halfair/half foam with a
stiffener plate and kinpiort for trials, and its super cushy, and
awesoem for freestyle and distance as well.
I havea Kh Fusion on my muni and it performs excellently, although I did
have to lean the saddle as far upwards as possible, to accomodate long
rides.

Both make excellent saddles and are easily customizable. Go with what
fit's your budget.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

Old June 28th 05, 02:17 AM
Schmidty563

leeman thats a cool seat nice job on the cuts
i would go with a kh seat cuz theyre really nice and strong and jsut
good seats

--
Schmidty563 - fearless unicyclist

dude, unicycling is awesome