ride!

Old March 13th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default ride!

this ng is getting weird, like vitriolic weird. anyway fellow NWerners it's
a great day out there RIDE!

Old March 13th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

greggery peccary wrote:
this ng is getting weird, like vitriolic weird. anyway fellow NWerners it's
a great day out there RIDE!

Where?
California is just plain drizzly.
Bill
Old March 13th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. ..
greggery peccary wrote:
this ng is getting weird, like vitriolic weird. anyway fellow NWerners
it's
a great day out there RIDE!

Where?
California is just plain drizzly.
Bill

I've just returned from a ride over here in New Zealand. Great day for it.

Old March 13th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Fred wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. ..

greggery peccary wrote:

this ng is getting weird, like vitriolic weird. anyway fellow NWerners
it's
a great day out there RIDE!

Where?
California is just plain drizzly.
Bill

I've just returned from a ride over here in New Zealand. Great day for it.

Now I am really jealous. New Zealand is one of those places I would love
to live, but the seasons are backward. Do they sing "I'm dreaming of a
hot Christmas"?
I've got to go and ride there sometime.
Bill
Old March 13th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bill Baka wrote:
a great day out there RIDE!

Where?
California is just plain drizzly.
Bill

I rode yesterday but today is just wet wet wet. Please let this be the
last storm of the year.

Old March 13th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Not in northeastern Illinois.

Not only do we have winds strong enough to push cars off the road, but also
tornado watchs and warnings.

--
Charlie

Old March 13th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. ..
Fred wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. ..

greggery peccary wrote:

this ng is getting weird, like vitriolic weird. anyway fellow NWerners
it's
a great day out there RIDE!

Where?
California is just plain drizzly.
Bill

I've just returned from a ride over here in New Zealand. Great day for
it.

Now I am really jealous. New Zealand is one of those places I would love
to live, but the seasons are backward. Do they sing "I'm dreaming of a hot
Christmas"?
I've got to go and ride there sometime.
Bill

I've just done a 1300km tour in Sth. Island of N.Z. It was great, and
suprising how many overseas visitors had come here especially to cycle the
West Coast region of the S.Island. So you're welcome too Bill. There's room
for one more - and you can sing anything you like!

Old March 13th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. ..
greggery peccary wrote:
this ng is getting weird, like vitriolic weird. anyway fellow NWerners

it's
a great day out there RIDE!

Where?
California is just plain drizzly.
Bill

NW US, very nice, now you can have some rain haha!

Old March 13th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Karstens Rage wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

a great day out there RIDE!

Where?
California is just plain drizzly.
Bill

I rode yesterday but today is just wet wet wet. Please let this be the
last storm of the year.

Yeah, that works.
Every time I try to ride and get about a mile from home the drizzle
starts turning into real rain so I come home and park the bike. Then
after I get in the rain stops. The weather is taunting me!
Bill
Old March 13th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
et...
Fred wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. ..

Fred wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. net...

greggery peccary wrote:

[...]

I don't have a geo map up, but isn't NZ one long island with a mountain
range for the backbone? It really does sound like cycle heaven for a
mountain nut like me. Are there any places where you can ride high enough
in the middle to see the ocean on both sides, east and west? That would be
the greatest.
Bill

Here's a link to a New Zealand map.

http://www.backpack-newzealand.com/mapofnewzealand.html

You will see two main islands plus a 3rd smaller island (Stewart Island)
Sth. Island is most popular biking destination. Can't think of anywhere
where water views are present on both sides from a height. We have the
Pacific ocean to the east and the Tasman sea to the west and they meet at
the tip of the Nth Island. There's plenty of amazing scenery everywhere with
glaciers, lakes, rivers and sounds in the Sth Island, and volcanic/thermal
areas in the Nth Island. And yes - mountain ranges in both islands, plenty
of skiing in the south, so if you're a mountain nut you'd better come and
have a look at the place. Riding not possible on Stewart island as it has
just 16km of road, but very popular for tramping. (Posssibly hiking in your
neck of the woods)
If you're serious there's a great little inexpensive book - 'Pedlars
paradise' which you'll find online. There is a North and a South island
edition and thy show the various routes and also a profile to give you an
idea of the hills to pedal over!

Best of luck.
Fred