Critical Mass London May 2011 ride.

Old June 3rd 11, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

Default Critical Mass London May 2011 ride.

On Jun 2, 6:43*pm, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 02/06/2011 08:20, Doug wrote:

On May 31, 6:55 am, Tony *wrote:
On 31/05/2011 05:32, Doug wrote:

On May 30, 9:30 am, Tony * *wrote:
On 30/05/2011 06:32, Doug wrote:

On May 29, 8:20 pm, Tony * * *wrote:
On 29/05/2011 10:43, maresh wrote:

On May 29, 10:04 am, Tom * * * *wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 00:11:31 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

snip

"We didn't cork PMT square very well and all the cars were mixed in,
but it caused no harm"

But Doug always reports that cars mixing with CM is dangerous, CM seem
to differ.

Can you comment on this Doug.

Easily. Just because one example of a danger caused hasn't resulted in
harm doesn't mean that other, similar examples won't. Also cars mixing
with the ride contributes to hold-ups.

An example I saw during the Friday's ride was a car positioned almost
completely across one side of the road, in its driver's attempt to
force its way into the ride and consequently he was not only a block
to traffic but was slowing the ride down..

BTW one person's opinion of CM is not necessarily representative of
CM. You should know that by now. CM consists of a mass of individuals.

So it would seem you agree that blocking the road causes hold ups.

In which case would you care to give your comment on the following from
the video.

Quotes "we're stopping the traffic for a bit of fun"
"Why are you stopping traffic? , I don't know"

How many more times???? Individuals are not representative of CM!!!!

So it would seem that you agree the cm (in part at least) are only there
to cause problems.

Nope. You can't know why individuals are there unless you ask them.
Also, they might be there for multiple reasons, not ONLY to cause
problems. It is probably true to say that virtually every procession
has individuals who might want to cause problems so why should CM be
regarded as any different?

-- .
Critical Mass London.
*http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist"

Well you posted a link to a video, that showed a group of trouble makers.
Riding on the wrong side of the street,
Riding on pavements
Obstructing the highway
Obstructing a pedestrian crossing.
Interfering with a motor vehicle.
Ignoring red lights
Stopping pedestrians using crossings
Riding without lights

As you have not spoken against this behaviour then it would seem that
you agree with it, but as you have admitted to being a serial law
breaker who agrees with blackmail, violence, & bombing, this comes as no
surprise.- Hide quoted text -

Has anybody seen Doug's reply, I'm sure he would like to comment.
Old June 3rd 11, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 03/06/2011 09:09, francis wrote:
On Jun 2, 6:43 pm, Tony wrote:
On 02/06/2011 08:20, Doug wrote:

On May 31, 6:55 am, Tony wrote:
On 31/05/2011 05:32, Doug wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Indeed it has gone silent.

Old June 4th 11, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar[_3_]

On May 29, 8:11*am, Doug wrote:
A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Did you go, Doug? Do you ever go? If so then why don't we ever see
your reports, photos, etc? If you don't go then how come?
Old June 4th 11, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On Jun 4, 12:44*am, Nuxx Bar wrote:
On May 29, 8:11*am, Doug wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

Did you go, Doug?

Yes.

*Do you ever go?

Frequently.

*If so then why don't we ever see
your reports, photos, etc?

Because you/they are not paying proper attention, as usual.

*If you don't go then how come?

See above.

--
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk

Old June 4th 11, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On Jun 2, 10:55*am, Abo wrote:
On 29/05/2011 08:11, Doug wrote:

A most excellent ride.

Reports here...

http://london.indymedia.org/articles/9160

and here...

http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk/main.html

ust a load of malcontents and hippies. I'm glad I live up north where we
just get on with stuff, and I prefer riding on my own (or with my son).

They have Critical Masses up North too. You obviously are not paying
proper attention to what goes on around you.

http://criticalmass.wikia.com/wiki/L...United_Kingdom

I prefer cycling alone too, clubs are much to fast for me, so slow CM
makes a welcome change once a month.

In video 1, whats that guy doing interfering with the car wheel? And all
those RLJ's are a no-no surely. On top of everything else... I gave up
on the vid shortly after, not representetive of me as a cyclist at all.

RLJs are jumped because it is a procession and its pragmatic to do so.
Do you see any police trying to stop them?

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Drivers ram cyclists because they can and its easy to do.
Old June 4th 11, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 04/06/2011 07:55, Doug wrote:
On Jun 2, 10:55 am, wrote:
On 29/05/2011 08:11, Doug wrote:

[...]

Good to see that you are reading this NG.
There are a number of questions that Francis & others have asked on this
thread, could you respond.
Old June 4th 11, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 04/06/2011 07:55, Doug wrote:

RLJs are jumped ...

"Red light jumpings are jumped"?
Old June 4th 11, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

JNugent wrote:
On 04/06/2011 07:55, Doug wrote:

RLJs are jumped ...

"Red light jumpings are jumped"?

is that why they lift their bikes?

Old June 6th 11, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On Jun 4, 8:56*am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 04/06/2011 07:55, Doug wrote:

http://criticalmass.wikia.com/wiki/L...s_rides#United...

I prefer cycling alone too, clubs are much to fast for me, so slow CM
makes a welcome change once a month.

In video 1, whats that guy doing interfering with the car wheel? And all
those RLJ's are a no-no surely. On top of everything else... I gave up
on the vid shortly after, not representetive of me as a cyclist at all..

RLJs are jumped because it is a procession and its pragmatic to do so.
Do you see any police trying to stop them?

No you don't.

Good to see that you are reading this NG.

Uh?

There are a number of questions that Francis & others have asked on this
thread, could you respond.

You want to make this an inquisition? Most of the questions are the
same old same old that are asked every time CM is mentioned and were
answered repeatedly a long time ago. I wait in vain for an original
question that arouses some interest. Perhaps you would like to have a
go at an interesting question for a change?

Also CM worldwide is amply covered by the internet for anyone with a
genuine interest and who is not just a mere **** stirrer

-- .
Critical Mass London.

Old June 6th 11, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 06/06/2011 11:03, Doug wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:56 am, Tony wrote:
On 04/06/2011 07:55, Doug wrote:

On Jun 2, 10:55 am, wrote:
On 29/05/2011 08:11, Doug wrote:

[...]

"Can you give evidence that most of CM agree with you, research &
figures would be OK."

Would that be OK for a start?