Justin Lewis is a tosser

Old July 20th 12, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Justin Lewis is a tosser

On 20/07/2012 21:03, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:05:59 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 20/07/2012 12:00, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:06:25 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 17/07/2012 16:03, Bertie Wooster wrote:

M Wicks wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

Wasn't at the Marks Tey venue, just like he wasn't at Dover.

Are you saying that the Marks Tey hotel does not exist?

Nope, he managed to get the name right this time, he just wasn't there.

So you were there?

Its like talking to a retarded child....

You mean one who doesn't know when to use an apostrophe in its/it's?

Which bit of "I have no intention of meeting the idiot anywhere"
confused you?

You started the whole 'Meet me for a fight' thing, you bloodthirsty
Neanderthal. Although a Neanderthal would at least have turned up.

A nasty piece of work, you are. At least that's how you come across.

He doesn't come across to me as nasty. If you read his website, he
actually comes across as someone who wants to be liked and accepted,
just look at the way he grovels to the professions:

======================

"We are not allowed by law to work on gas systems, for which you have
to be Gas Safe registered. I'd highly recommend Steve Colley of Gasco
on 01634 294446. www.gascostrood.co.uk.";

"We can't do; Some work in kitchens or bathrooms, replacing or adding
circuits, house rewires. Please call for honest, free advice. We are
always happy to help. If you need any work of this kind carried out,
give Matt Smith of HR Electrical a ring - 07801 480 486.";

"If you need a lock opened without drilling or cutting contact Blakes
Security Systems Ltd in Gun Lane, Rochester, 01634 716983."; "Dave
Bradley of DB Decorating Services also does a really good job 01634
221009, or 07811 393430.";

"If you want someone to lay turf or maintain your garden, I'd suggest
you contact Andrew Short of 'Short Seasons'. Andrew is a qualified
horticulturalist and comes highly recommended. 07913 532777 daytime,
01634 717562 evenings.").

None of those activities are professions, any more than teaching is a profession.

They are trades or vocations (and by that I mean no disrespect to any of
them, including teachers).

Yes, I suppose you are right. A profession, such as teaching,

Teaching is not a profession.

About 8,000,000 websites say otherwise:

The word is *frequently* misused to mean simply "job".

A job is not a profession. Teaching is not a profession.

Old July 20th 12, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

M Wicks wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

[...]

Most of which were probably written by teachers.

"Don't listen to her, Bob. Remember: those who can, do; those who can't,
teach".

University

Old July 20th 12, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

M Wicks wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

[...]

.... And those who can't do either unblock drains...
Old July 20th 12, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/07/2012 21:12, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 20/07/2012 21:03, Bertie Wooster wrote:
JNugent wrote:

[ ... ]

[BW:]
Yes, I suppose you are right. A profession, such as teaching,

Teaching is not a profession.

About 8,000,000 websites say otherwise:

Most of which were probably written by teachers.

I doubt that.

It's just that the word "profession" has been devalued over time and now has
two distinct meanings, one strictly correct and one which is entirely
informal. It doesn't do to confuse them, though many with misplaced
aspirations are tempted to do so in order to bolster their egos.

"Profession" is nowadays most widely used as a synonym for job, trade or
vocation. That's OK, but when used in that sense, it is not meant to imply
any notion of learnedness, trustworthiness or of any necessary adherence to a
set of ethics and acceptance into a band of peers. In this *******ised sense
of the word, I accept that teaching can be termed a profession, just as
gas-fitting, street-sweeping, retailing, dipping sheep, juggling or fixing
cars can.

Its correct meaning though, is resorted to when gradating occupations. When
"profession" is used as a means of distinguishing and characterising certain
occupations which are somewhat superior to the usual run of things, (usually)
require a degree-level qualification and formal acceptance into a brotherhood
governed by a self-imposed set of ethics and responsibility (such acceptance
being susceptible to expulsion - by the body *itself* - for incompetence or
other personal failings, none of the jobs mentioned above (including
teaching) qualify.

Yes, you can be drummed out of the Brownies for certain sort of moral
turpitude. A sexual offender may find himself forbidden to work with children
(which, from one remove, would prevent him from undertaking most, but not all
teaching), but that's not the same as having his sabre snapped and his
insignia ripped off.
Old July 20th 12, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:03:44 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

Teaching is not a profession.

About 8,000,000 websites say otherwise:
http://bit.ly/NnntY8

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

By the same token nearly 2 million think that you are a ****wit - as you have
in fact just demonstrated

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tom+crispin+is+a+****wit

Old July 20th 12, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:59:01 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:03:44 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

Teaching is not a profession.

About 8,000,000 websites say otherwise:
http://bit.ly/NnntY8

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

By the same token nearly 2 million think that you are a ****wit - as you have
in fact just demonstrated

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tom+crispin+is+a+****wit

Oh dear, or dear, oh dear

By the same token you are 15 times more of a ****wit - as I will
demonstrate for you.
http://bit.ly/NPpoEn
Old July 20th 12, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:03:44 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

Teaching is not a profession.

About 8,000,000 websites say otherwise:
http://bit.ly/NnntY8

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

By the same token nearly 2 million think that you are a ****wit - as you have
in fact just demonstrated

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tom+crispin+is+a+****wit

Oh dear, or dear, oh dear

By the same token you are 15 times more of a ****wit - as I will
demonstrate for you.
http://bit.ly/NPpoEn

Sorry sunshine - if you understood Google you would realise that that is
probably the number of times that I have called people ****wits - many of them
addressed to you as per this and my previous post.

It was you who believed the teachers and profession search - not me.

Old July 21st 12, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

M Wicks wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

[...]

.......and earn money that teachers could only dream of.................

Old July 21st 12, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Clarke

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:38:15 AM UTC+1, Partac wrote:
"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:12:35 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
> wrote:

>On 20/07/2012 21:03, Bertie Wooster wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:05:59 +0100, JNugent >
>> wrote:

>>> Teaching is not a profession.
>>
>> About 8,000,000 websites say otherwise:
>
>Most of which were probably written by teachers.
>
>"Don't listen to her, Bob. Remember: those who can, do; those who can't,
>teach".

... And those who can't do either unblock drains...

......and earn money that teachers could only dream of.................

Funny that, I can do my job, I can teach (I am an accredited trainer) & I have unblocked drains.
Old July 21st 12, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:47:19 +0100, Judith wrote:

sunshine

Unfortunately the anonymity of message boards tends to bring out some
less than pleasant people and others who seem to enjoy causing problems
rather than providing solutions.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.

Is Justin Lewis a liar? Judith[_4_] UK 115 March 3rd 12 05:35 AM
Justin Lewis ..... Judith[_4_] UK 32 January 23rd 12 07:46 AM
Tosser no.2 Tim Hall UK 13 April 26th 05 09:21 AM
Tosser no 3 geepeetee UK 13 April 25th 05 09:38 AM
Tosser wafflycat UK 38 April 23rd 05 09:42 AM