Irony

Old October 10th 03, 04:47 AM
sabin_a.

Default Irony

On an earlier post I said I adjusted the seat alittle bit below the
waist. Never mind that. I have my seat a little bit below the crotch of
my pants, so I have more leverage to pull up to get a higher jump.

-Sabin

--
sabin_a.
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Old October 10th 03, 06:05 AM
duaner

sabin_a. wrote:
*I have -my seat a little bit below the crotch of my pants-, so I have
more leverage to pull up to get a higher jump.*

Is that with one leg fully extended and the cranks vertical? (If not,
then what?)

Thanks,
duaner.

--
duaner - -
duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297

Old October 10th 03, 06:11 PM
johnfoss

sabin_a. wrote:
*Of course I'm only 5'5" and 14 years old...Sad, isn't it? *

Yes, how rude of you to be only 14! Please come back when you're in your
thirties.

In other words, you don't get to pick your height or age. You can like
it, or not like it, but you're stuck with it either way. Liking it is
more fun. Use it while you've got it! That refers to time, youth, and
youthful energy!

Sorry, no tips to offer on seat-out hopping, which I have no particular
skill at. Watch videos of the best riders, I guess. And try to land on
something other than that one finger next time!

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"In three months or so, he won't be doing that any more." -- Kris Holm's
cousin Derek, 13, on Kris' unicycling now that he's married

Old October 10th 03, 08:21 PM
sabin_a.

To duaner.:

My seat is adjusted a little bit below the crotch of my pants
when I am standing straight up. With seat-out with the cranks
horizontal. (hopping position)

-Sabin

Old October 11th 03, 12:34 AM
Klaas Bil

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:11:10 -0500, johnfoss
wrote:

In other words, you don't get to pick your height or age. You can like
it, or not like it, but you're stuck with it either way.

Not for me. I once was 14 and 5'5" too. Through years of hard work I
managed to become 50 and 6'1". So keep trying sabin_a, it IS possible!
:-)

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
If the crank is moving then it really sounds as if it's loose. - onewheeldave trying to pinpoint the cause of a clicking crank

Old October 11th 03, 10:32 PM
joona

You all are too tall. When I was 14 I was a little less than 5' tall.
And now I'm twenty and 5'8". And I probably won't grow anymore. From now
on I just have to lift weights to become as wide as I can. Eating to get
wide is the other option but I probably won't do that.

--
joona - )-O --Neat

Real men use the same razor to shave their beard and legs
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436