The seasons are changing.

Old December 9th 15, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default The seasons are changing.

I'm learning to be careful how I hold my handkerchief, to be sure of
not directing warm air onto my glasses.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old December 11th 15, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Andrew Chaplin

Joy Beeson wrote in
:

I'm learning to be careful how I hold my handkerchief, to be sure of
not directing warm air onto my glasses.

.... or not. Here it's 18 degrees above the seasonal temperatures. I rode to
work in two layers, neither of which was impermable and with light gloves. I
rode home using less and with warm weather cycling gloves.

That said, I do not expect the weather to long persist.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old December 12th 15, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Andrew Chaplin

Joy Beeson wrote in
:

I'm learning to be careful how I hold my handkerchief, to be sure of
not directing warm air onto my glasses.

I just cycled home in the dark. It's 8 degrees C (in the low 50s
Fahrenheit). I wore no gloves and was warm in a t-shirt, a cycling jersey
and a light microfibre rain jacket. I did not bother with glasses as the air
was not cold enough to make my eyes and sinuses run. I know it can't last,
but holy crap!
Old December 12th 15, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jakob Krieger

- Andrew Chaplin / Sat, 12 Dec 2015 01:12:05 +0100

I'm learning to be careful how I hold my handkerchief, to be sure of
not directing warm air onto my glasses.

I just cycled home in the dark. It's 8 degrees C (in the low 50s
Fahrenheit). I wore no gloves and was warm in a t-shirt, a cycling jersey
and a light microfibre rain jacket. I did not bother with glasses as the air
was not cold enough to make my eyes and sinuses run. I know it can't last,
but holy crap!

At least, when soil is frozen,
there is no more ado with mud.

Winter is ok, except about the issues
of christmas songs

jk

--
no sig
Old December 12th 15, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_4_]

Andrew Chaplin wrote:
Joy Beeson wrote in
:

I'm learning to be careful how I hold my handkerchief, to be sure of
not directing warm air onto my glasses.

I just cycled home in the dark. It's 8 degrees C (in the low 50s
Fahrenheit). I wore no gloves and was warm in a t-shirt, a cycling jersey
and a light microfibre rain jacket. I did not bother with glasses as the air
was not cold enough to make my eyes and sinuses run. I know it can't last,
but holy crap!

Yeah 12c here in Montreal in December. Holy crap indeed.

--
duane
Old December 12th 15, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 00:12:05 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

Joy Beeson wrote in
:

I'm learning to be careful how I hold my handkerchief, to be sure of
not directing warm air onto my glasses.

I just cycled home in the dark. It's 8 degrees C (in the low 50s
Fahrenheit). I wore no gloves and was warm in a t-shirt, a cycling jersey
and a light microfibre rain jacket. I did not bother with glasses as the air
was not cold enough to make my eyes and sinuses run. I know it can't last,
but holy crap!

You are right, it is cooler. Why, this morning it is only 30 degrees
and it is already 09:30 :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 14th 15, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 04:05:15 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

Here it's 18 degrees above the seasonal temperatures.

I haven't checked with Weather Underground for specific temperatures,
but today the only thing keeping me from going outside barefoot was
that I didn't want to get my feet dirty.

(That, and that it was after dark before I recovered from the party in
the morning. We estimated that I washed a hundred and ten plates.)

As I read on Facebook, "We're having a lovely spring this winter."

No chance at all that the lake will freeze before Christmas.

--
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/

Old December 19th 15, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

The honeymoon is over. I went shopping today and instead of wrapping
up the frozen food, I wrapped up the canned goods.

Silk tights and two pairs of sweat pants were not enough. Time to
darn my wool tights.

Old December 20th 15, 11:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 15:44:40 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

The honeymoon is over. I went shopping today and instead of wrapping
up the frozen food, I wrapped up the canned goods.

Silk tights and two pairs of sweat pants were not enough. Time to
darn my wool tights.

Yup. Cold Time is upon us. Why, it was only 25.4 degrees (C) this
morning when I left on my Sunday Ride. Had to stuff a towel in my
jersey :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Conti Gatorskin vs 4-Seasons Vincent Patrick Australia 15 December 12th 06 02:59 AM
Conti 4000s vs All-Seasons Kocsis Techniques 17 February 1st 06 09:16 PM
Better than the Four Seasons Hotel? Mojo Recumbent Biking 0 December 5th 05 02:07 PM
SIgn of the Seasons Scott General 12 October 7th 04 07:57 PM
Changing seasons MattB Mountain Biking 10 November 11th 03 07:16 PM