Uni Weights...

Old January 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Uni Weights...

i NEED to know the exact weight of the Torker Unistar DX 20-inch Trials
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=764).

and the Qu-Ax 20-inch Trials Unicycle
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=795)

Thanks...

--
irvinegr
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

Old January 17th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

irvinegr wrote:
i NEED to know the exact weight of the Torker Unistar DX 20-inch Trials
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=764).

and the Qu-Ax 20-inch Trials Unicycle
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=795)

Thanks...

The "exact" weight is impossible to know, because it would require a
perfect measurement, which is impossible to make. You need a "precise"
weight, how precise do you need it?

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.

In practice, there is.
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

Old January 18th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

mine is about 14lbs. all i did was hold the uni on my scale and than
step on the scale witout it. than i subtracted the amount with me and
the uniby just my weight.

--
manon1wheel

pure trials
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old January 18th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Jim_Rob wrote:
The "exact" weight is impossible to know, because it would require a
perfect measurement, which is impossible to make. You need a "precise"
weight, how precise do you need it?

Oh my god. Is this what you do in your free time? Wait for a sixteen
year old kid to make a tiny, irrelevant mistake on a unicycling forum
just so you can correct him?

Have fun!

--
vanman2004
vanman2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9184

Old January 18th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

vanman2004 wrote:
Oh my god. Is this what you do in your free time? Wait for a sixteen
year old kid to make a tiny, irrelevant mistake on a unicycling forum
just so you can correct him?

Have fun!

Gee, I was just trying to have some fun, Harper would have enjoyed it.

Old January 18th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

manon1wheel wrote:
mine is about 14lbs. all i did was hold the uni on my scale and than
step on the scale witout it. than i subtracted the amount with me and
the uniby just my weight.

I weighed my Qu-Ax trials the same way, and it came out about the same,
14lbs. It would take a more precise scale to see the weight difference
between Torker DX or Qu-Ax trials.

--
forrestunifreak

'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

www.seattlebikesupply.com

Old January 18th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yeah i think you would need an actual scale that is built to weigh
bikes/unicycles, bathroom scales would be set differently i reckon

--
trials2k

Live and Die on a uni **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

Old January 18th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:48:17 -0600, Jim_Rob wrote:

Gee, I was just trying to have some fun, Harper would have enjoyed it.

Me too. But I couldn't help wondering why 'precise' would me a more
relative term than 'exact', as you seem to imply.

Old January 18th 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm guessing it's a scientific thing.

In order to 'properly' answer the query, it's neccesary to know what he
wants it for.
If it's for postage, the closest pound would probably be fine.
If he needs to use the unis as counterweights in some elaborate clock,
it'll probably won't.

Vanman2004, relax.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
_if_i'm_murdered,_don't_execute_my_killer._
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old January 18th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Klaas Bil wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:48:17 -0600, Jim_Rob wrote:

Gee, I was just trying to have some fun, Harper would have enjoyed

it.

Me too. But I couldn't help wondering why 'precise' would me a more
relative term than 'exact', as you seem to imply.

In the technical world, precise is a relative term requiring
qualification, so one can speak of how precise a measurement is (+/-10%
etc.) Exact is an absolute term, which comes to us from mathematics.
One can have an exact solution to an equation, but it is not possible
to make an exact measurement.

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.

In practice, there is.
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

Track Sprint Training Hamish Ferguson Racing 0 October 8th 05 11:16 AM
Yuni and Qu-ax weights Josie Unicycling 10 March 24th 05 02:34 AM
Trek bike weights maguiver Australia 1 October 18th 04 06:38 AM
hub weights nickjb Unicycling 5 July 20th 04 11:10 PM
Hub and Cranks weights... pluto Unicycling 11 April 15th 04 08:05 PM