Here's the Mileage Thread for 2015

Old February 27th 16, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joerg[_2_]

Default Here's the Mileage Thread for 2015

On 2016-02-24 10:03, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 02-09-2016 12:52, wrote:
Hey! I have not seen the "how many miles" thread for 2015 yet...did I
miss something?

Although I track most rides, I never bother to add them up. I don't
ride for exercise or sport, I ride to get somewhere. Max per day so far
is fifty kilometers (except one hundred mile trip in 1984 when I was
much younger). But most days a lot less.

If you ride a road bike and generally always the same bike the frequency
of necessary rear tire changes may be a fairly good mileage estimator. I
used to get around 2000 miles out of a rear tire. With the more
expensive Gatorskins I am using right now that increased to 2500mi but
by that time it was almost down to bare threads (some of them became
visible).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/