Fall

Old October 3rd 18, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Fall

Remarkable: fit riding weather tomorrow, and nothing I have to do
instead.

I washed my do-rag and put it away for the winter the washday before
last. While preparing my bike for tomorrow, I dug it out again.
Weather Underground says that it will be 65F when I leave and 81F when
I get back.

I'm planning to start with tap-temperature beverages, and carry ice to
put in the switchel bottle after the temperature rises. Getting out
of long-sleeved undershirts may not be as easy.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

---
https://www.avg.com

Old October 4th 18, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 22:32:22 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

Getting out
of long-sleeved undershirts may not be as easy.

Turned out that I needed out of that shirt before I got to the
emergency room, so after parking a book of New Yorker cartoons, I
changed in the ladies' room.

I didn't change my fuzzy cotton-linen scarf for my pure-linen do-rag,
but got home with wet hair.

I considered trying John Wong's American-family restaurant for the
first time in a decade or more -- the only time I ate there, I
couldn't resist ordering chicken livers, and then didn't have any more
sense than to try to eat all of them. Not good in the middle of a
bike ride.

But I didn't feel adventurous, so I settled for the good old Kid's
Meal at Panda Express. While I was dallying with other restaurants,
Panda Express stopped giving a chocolate-chunk coolie with the Kid's
Meal. I shrugged that off; inflation cheapens everything, and it
beats skimping on quality. Not to mention that I had had no intention
of eating the cookie.

But I was seriously inconvenienced when I held my cup out to the
iced-tea-brewed-on-the-premises urn and beheld nothing but a
hot-coffee dispenser. Oh, well, I'll take one of the soda-machine
teas. Not the peach, since "zero calorie" means "enough artificial
sweetener to gross out a moose"; I filled my cup with "raspberry tea"
and GAAAHHH!!! There was nothing in it *but* artificial sweetener.
Well, there was some artificial color too. I think the horrid taste
still lingers in my mouth. It's hard to believe that vast numbers of
people are incapable of detecting the nasty taste of fake sweeteners.

The only potable fluid the machine dispensed was water. I don't mind
drinking plain water, but "soda" is included in the price of the Kid's
Meal, and I tend to resent paying for stuff I don't get. (I resent
even more having to pay extra for stuff that I'd pay extra to avoid,
but that's another newsgroup.)

I suppose I could drink syrup after I get my form back and can burn it
up. I actually *like* root beer.

All told, it was a lovely day to go for a ride.

At Meijer, I found the salsa Mexicana I've been hunting for, *and* the
bottled laundry starch I couldn't find at Kroger or Martin. (I wanted
StaFlo, but Faultless will do nicely.) Then, when I stopped at Owen's
for carrots and eggs, I found Marie's Ranch Dressing, which I've also
been hunting for some time -- beginning at Owen's.

And I don't remember any pain in my back. It hurts *now*, but not
much, and I'm paying attention to it now.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/

---
https://www.avg.com

Why don't I fall off in the ice? innes Unicycling 6 January 3rd 09 01:35 AM
Which way do you usually fall? ivan Unicycling 0 October 20th 06 07:10 PM
A bad fall ThreeLeggedDog General 13 November 4th 05 05:37 PM
First fall (just a little one) Peewiglet UK 19 July 29th 05 08:41 AM
How to fall, like a PRO! Catboy Unicycling 25 June 29th 05 12:57 AM