The last floor pump?

Old March 27th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Everett

Default The last floor pump?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:52:19 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

My floor pump had part of the handle come off so that now when I pump my
tires, I get hand discomfort. Plus, the dial is down near the floor where I
can't see it (sorry, that's life).

Assuming I'd never want to buy another pump again, what's the next one?

If you live near a Performance store, any of their house brand pumps.
Thanks to their no-questions-asked replacement policy you'll never
have to buy another floor pump.

I bought my Hurricane well over ten years ago. I'm now on my fifth or
sixth (I've lost count). It helps that the L'ist of my LBSes is a
Performance store.

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)
Old March 27th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

John Everett wrote:
:: On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:52:19 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
:: wrote:
::
::: My floor pump had part of the handle come off so that now when I
::: pump my tires, I get hand discomfort. Plus, the dial is down near
::: the floor where I can't see it (sorry, that's life).
:::
::: Assuming I'd never want to buy another pump again, what's the next
::: one?
:::
::
:: If you live near a Performance store, any of their house brand pumps.
:: Thanks to their no-questions-asked replacement policy you'll never
:: have to buy another floor pump.
::
:: I bought my Hurricane well over ten years ago. I'm now on my fifth or
:: sixth (I've lost count). It helps that the L'ist of my LBSes is a
:: Performance store.

I found out over the past weekend that a store is within 90 miles of my home
and less than 3 miles from my gf home! Some things in the store are less
expensive than online!

Old March 27th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mar 27, 12:27 pm, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
I found out over the past weekend that a store is within 90 miles of my home
and less than 3 miles from my gf home! Some things in the store are less
expensive than online!

It goes both ways--sometimes stuff in the store is more expensive than
on their web site. They'll give you the price match if you ask for
it, but then you can't also use the $20 off a $50+ purchase coupons
they send me every month or two.

Old March 29th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
::dom::[_13_]

TOPEAK JOE BLOW PRO

... nuff said

--
::dom::

Old March 30th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mar 29, 10:48 pm, "GaryG" wrote:

For the OP - get a modern, dual-head pump (e.g., Joe Blow), with a locking
head. Mine has the gauge up near the top of the pump *and* has the ring
dial with red indicator. Easy, convenient, no "blow offs" and no cut
fingers thanks to old-school Italian design.

The one thing I don't like about the Topeak Smarthead is that it's
easy to pinch your finger when engaging the locking lever if you're
not careful.

Old March 30th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
GaryG

"Olebiker" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 23, 7:18 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:
Silca.....everything on it is replaceable, brass head, lasts forever.

When you buy a Silca, make sure you buy a supply of replacement parts
and keep them handy. The body will last forever and the head will
last forever, but you will need to replace gaskets and washers with
maddening regularity.

Make sure you get to the club ride early, if you do buy a Silca, since
after the first month or so you will spend a lot of time trying to
pump your tires with one hand while holding the head on with the
other.

Yep...and keep some band-aids handy to repair the rip in your hand from the
wire clamp that holds the pump head on the hose. It's conveniently placed
right where you grab the pump head to pull it off (assuming it stays on in
the first place).

For the OP - get a modern, dual-head pump (e.g., Joe Blow), with a locking
head. Mine has the gauge up near the top of the pump *and* has the ring
dial with red indicator. Easy, convenient, no "blow offs" and no cut
fingers thanks to old-school Italian design.

GG

I got rid of my Silca years ago and replaced it with a cheap Top Dog-
type pump. I have had it for close to ten years and have never had to
replace anything on it.