Bicycle Frame Projects Ideas wanted

Old December 22nd 04, 08:57 PM
Terry Collins

Default Bicycle Frame Projects Ideas wanted

Okay, I scrounge old bicycles that get thrown out and use the frames for
various projects (bicycle trailers, art, etc). This is easy to do with
ye olde diamond frame, but I am at a loss for useful projects that
utilise these "modern", egg/oval profile one tube design on the basic
mtb they sell.

Looking for ideas, url's, etc.

Scrounging this christmas was very successful and I have five frames to
utilise.
Old December 22nd 04, 10:52 PM
Marx SS

concrete reinforcment

--
Marx SS

Old December 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
Marty Wallace

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
Okay, I scrounge old bicycles that get thrown out and use the frames for
various projects (bicycle trailers, art, etc). This is easy to do with
ye olde diamond frame, but I am at a loss for useful projects that
utilise these "modern", egg/oval profile one tube design on the basic
mtb they sell.

Looking for ideas, url's, etc.

Scrounging this christmas was very successful and I have five frames to
utilise.

How about a whirleecopter?
http://www.polygraphlounge.com/show.html?39

A moon trike.
http://www.celebratebig.com/burningm.../moontrike.jpg

Or furniture.
http://www.bikefurniture.com/x_pages1/chairmain.html

A street lounge

http://www.btt.com.ar/nota/2/2042.shtml

A couch bike.
http://bikeforest.com/cb/

possibilities are endless.

Marty

Old December 23rd 04, 02:22 AM
flyingdutch

Terry Collins Wrote:
Okay, I scrounge old bicycles that get thrown out and use the frame
for
various projects (bicycle trailers, art, etc). This is easy to do with
ye olde diamond frame, but I am at a loss for useful projects that
utilise these "modern", egg/oval profile one tube design on the basic
mtb they sell.

Looking for ideas, url's, etc.

Scrounging this christmas was very successful and I have five frame
utilise.

garden sculpture
water feature
anchor
bike-parking-rac

--
flyingdutch

Old December 23rd 04, 03:27 AM
geoffs

A toilet roll holder a'la Park

http://www.parktool.com/tools/TP_2.shtml

--
geoffs

Old December 23rd 04, 10:17 PM
Poiter

What about a CRUZBIKE?

www.cruzbike.com.au

Pet

--
Poiter

Old December 24th 04, 05:44 AM
Terry Collins

Poiter wrote:

What about a CRUZBIKE?

www.cruzbike.com.au

Try www.cruzbike.com

Somewhere recently, I've also seen something that basically used the
arse end rotated and connected to rectangular RHS and front end on the
other end of the RHS as a quasi recumbent.

Now all I need to do is source some oxy bottles (sans rental).

Thanks all for the ideas.

Frame break in Dahon 2003 model "Boardwalk 6" folding bicycle Tom Worthington Techniques 0 September 7th 05 09:10 AM
Bicycleism Bicycleism Social Issues 1 July 19th 05 01:58 PM
Does public health care pay for your head injuries? John Doe UK 187 November 30th 04 02:51 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM