"False Dilemma"

Old September 26th 08, 03:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

Default "False Dilemma"

A while ago, Chapman refused to answer the following question,
claiming that it was a "false dilemma":

"Which would bother you mo a cyclist being decapitated by piano
wire, or a motorcyclist being decapitated by piano wire?"

Presumably, then, he would also refuse to answer the following
questions for the same "reason":

"Which would bother you mo your daughter being electrocuted, or a
felon being electrocuted?"

"Which would bother you mo your wife being shot, or a soldier being
shot?"

"Which would bother you mo getting cancer, or getting a paper cut?"

But of course he would be quite happy to answer those questions, and
his answer in each case would be the former. His answer to the first
question would also be the former, of course, the only difference
being that he didn't want to provide such an answer (something to do
with him not wanting to admit to being anti-motorist), so he made up
the "false dilemma" ******** (and, as ever, was sycophantically and
unquestioningly supported by his troll-minions, who are no doubt
annoyed that I have yet again shown them up with simple, irrefutable
logic, and will no doubt prove it by posting "Don't feed the troll"
and other highly innovative, useful replies).

Fed up with me effortlessly running rings around you, trolls? It's
very simple: stop lying, and stop supporting other people's lies. I
can't possibly show up the gaping holes in your reasoning if there
aren't any. (You have to admit that this post, among others, has been
pretty effective and succinct in comprehensively exposing how wrong
you've been about something. I appreciate that you can't be too happy
about that, as no-one likes being made to look foolish, but rather
than taking it out on me, the best way to stop it happening again
would be to become honest and reasonable in your approach. First
step: stop lying about being anti-motorist. Second step: stop
automatically jumping to Chapman's defence no matter how wide of the
mark he is. OK? Thanks in advance. I think we've made progress
today, and I'm very pleased about that.)
Old September 26th 08, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BOFH

"Nuxx Bar" wrote in message

The real dilemma is why people with Bike racks and bikes on the backs of
their cars, usually drive like ****s !

Old September 26th 08, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

Nuxx Bar wrote:

8...

_____________________
/| /| | | |
||__|| | | Please don't feed |
/ O O\__ | the trolls... |
/ \ | thank you. |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org
Old September 26th 08, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:43:57 GMT, Tim Dunne
wrote:

Nuxx Bar wrote:

8...

_____________________
/| /| | | |
||__|| | | Please don't feed |
/ O O\__ | the trolls... |
/ \ | thank you. |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Ho, ho, ho - keep it up Tim - you really are a laugh.

(I bet every time you do one of these Chapman thinks - Oh ffs!!)

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
Some evidence shows that helmeted cyclists are more likely to hit
Old September 26th 08, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:57:27 +0100, "Colin Reed"
wrote:

"Tim Dunne" wrote in message
. com...
Nuxx Bar wrote:

8...

_____________________
/| /| | | |
||__|| | | Please don't feed |
/ O O\__ | the trolls... |
/ \ | thank you. |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

All the people you post this in reply to are already in my killfile, so I'm
just getting your post appearing over and over again in response to nothing.
Please consider that this may be the same for many people in this group
before responding in this way every time.

Colin

Please do not discourage him - it always gives me an opportunity to
post about Chapman again.

Old September 26th 08, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin Reed

"Tim Dunne" wrote in message
om...
Nuxx Bar wrote:

8...

_____________________
/| /| | | |
||__|| | | Please don't feed |
/ O O\__ | the trolls... |
/ \ | thank you. |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |

Old September 26th 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
rothers

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:57:27 +0100, "Colin Reed"
wrote:

"Tim Dunne" wrote in message
. com...
Nuxx Bar wrote:

snip

All the people you post this in reply to are already in my killfile, so I'm
just getting your post appearing over and over again in response to nothing.
Please consider that this may be the same for many people in this group
before responding in this way every time.

Colin

Ditto here, it's extremely annoying to kill the original troll only for someone
to post a dumb reply.

Neil
Old September 26th 08, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

"Colin Reed" wrote:

All the people you post this in reply to are already in my killfile,
so I'm just getting your post appearing over and over again in
response to nothing. Please consider that this may be the same for
many people in this group before responding in this way every time.

All the people to whom he posts that as a reply, and responses to them,
are normally in my killfile, so I wouldn't normally have seen the
message to which this is a followup. You should try it.

Old September 26th 08, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_2_]

Default Don't feed the Troll - was "False Dilemma" (was: "False Dilemma")

Old September 26th 08, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:42:26 +0100, rothers
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:57:27 +0100, "Colin Reed"
wrote:

"Tim Dunne" wrote in message
.com...
Nuxx Bar wrote:

snip

All the people you post this in reply to are already in my killfile, so I'm
just getting your post appearing over and over again in response to nothing.
Please consider that this may be the same for many people in this group
before responding in this way every time.

Colin

Ditto here, it's extremely annoying to kill the original troll only for someone
to post a dumb reply.

Neil

I agree - Chapman is very bad at it.