What's up with Bigha?

Old August 17th 03, 07:07 AM
Edward Dolan

Default OT Just because your paranoid..... was( What's up with Bigha?)

Ian wrote in message ...

Research has shown that pre 9/11, Americans were the least travelled people
of the world, more so post 9/11, Americans in general have been convinced by
successive insular regimes that the world is a nasty place, a notable quote
on a holiday programme in Britain, made by a visiting U.S. citizen was "I
brought my own food because they eat chipmunks in England". We would soon
starve to death eating animals that do not exist here.

America is a land unto itself, big and broad enough to encompass the
world. I feel sorry for you Europeans actually. Everywhere you go you
must be constantly tripping over other people. But I guess if I were a
resident of the Old World I would be constantly traveling too just to
get a break from it. But if America is such a horrible place, as you
balmy liberals think it is, why is it that all the rest of the world
is clamoring to get in here?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 17th 03, 07:24 AM
Edward Dolan

Russ Price wrote in message t...

Chipmunks? Are you kidding? Squirrels have more meat! ) Actually,
squirrels are North American stowaways that made it across the pond.

A few years back, I took a trip to the UK, and never once set foot in
any American restaurant chain. I figure, if I'm going to all the
expense of flying overseas, I'll be damned if I'm going to try to
pretend that I'm back home.

In spite of all the jokes about food over there, I *never* had a bad
meal. A backroads pub in north Wales had some of the best
fish-and-chips I've ever had... and breakfast at the hotel in St.
David's was superb.

I even managed to return the rental car without any damage! Hint: study
the Highway Code before you go. Otherwise, you might not survive the
first roundabout. I even managed to get used to shifting with the left
hand... fortunately I already knew how to drive a stickshift. [1]

Unfortunately, this was back when I was not doing any cycling. If I
ever manage to get back there, I'll have to look into renting something
that's powered by me rather than burning dinosaur juice.

Please don't assume that all Americans are clueless gits. Just some of
them, like one who is now a permanent resident of my killfile, and whose
initials are a synonym for impotence. His rants are entertaining for
about ten seconds or so, but I got tired of them a long time ago. It
seems to me that the ultra-right-wingers have a mean-spiritedness that
belies their claim to Christianity.

Congratulations on posting one of the most inane messages I have ever
had the displeasure to read. Folks who talk about food and cars in an
international forum like this have got to be world class jerks. I
consider it an honor to be the subject of your miserable kill file.
What on earth would we ever find to talk about anyway? I seek out
intelligent people to have conversations with, not jerks who talk
about food and cars.

By the way, I have never met a more mean-spirited group of people in
my life than the treasonous liberal extremist left-wing wacko nuts
that infest this newsgroup. The English stand out in a class of their
own. But of course you are one of them (a git) so what would you know?
And one other thing, I am not a Christian. Whatever gave you that
idea? Just because I call on God to Bless America... Put your brain
into gear and see if you can figure it out.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 17th 03, 02:22 PM
Edward Wong

Default Ed Dolan and "Realities"

Are you going to pay $3000.00 for this bike?

I didn't think so.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

I already explained that I would invest $3K in this bike if I had the
money. I like the bike and it's features. I am mature and man enough
to state my true reasons contrary to your childish counter posts which
sound like a broken record. I am beginning to have my "doubts" about
you if you know what I mean.

You have failed to produce a list of bikes that are in the same class
as the BiGHa that are faster, lighter and cost $2K LESS. You won't be
able to because there are none but you'll be able to produce plenty of
"Are you going to pay $3,000" and "I didn't think so" replies. I
guess you cut and paste these to your message editor.

Well Mr. Love, cut and paste away. As for me, I'm out of here on to
do more fun things.

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL

Talk is REALLY CHEAP when it contributes absolutely NOTHING to the
betterment of this newsgroup.

Old August 18th 03, 12:01 PM
Dave Larrington

Mikael Seierup wrote:

Hmm. Wouldn't chipmunk actually be better than some english food? ;-)

But yes. What terrible cooks the English are. They even burned Joan of
Arc...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old August 18th 03, 12:02 PM
Dave Larrington