What's up with Bigha?

Old August 25th 03, 05:23 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Default What's up with Bigha?

Mark Leuck wrote:
"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message

Mark Leuck wrote:

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message

Is the Bigha a good buy or a bad buy?

That is up to the buyer

You haven't answered that simple
question.

It can't be answered except by the people who buy it

Lot of people defending it, no one buying it. Why is that?

How do you know no one is buying it?

Are you buying it? Is anyone here buying it?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Just because nobody here has said they were doesn't mean someone isn't, lots
of people here who haven't chimed in

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Yea it is

So people are ashamed to admit that they bought a Bigha? There are
people in this newsgroup who have bought just about every obscure
recumbent bicycle there is and are happy to talk about it. But not one
who has amitted that they have paid $3000.00 for a Bigha. Why is that?
Why have none of the people defending Bigha not bought one? Can it be
that even they know that it is grossly overpriced?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"You can fool half of the people all of the time and that's enough to
make a good living."
W.C. Fields

Old August 25th 03, 08:50 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Larry Varney wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

Can it be that even they know that it is grossly overpriced?

Could you, and will you, tell just what criteria you use to determine
that the BiGHA is overpriced?

Heavier and slower then bikes much cheaper. Costs more then similar
bikes. No one who has reviewed it is willing to pay for it with their
own money. Sold by people with a bad reputation for honoring warranties.

What is your criteria for determining that the Bigha is fairly priced?
Especially given that you will not buy one yourself?

Old August 25th 03, 09:12 PM
Larry Varney

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:
Larry Varney wrote:

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

Can it be that even they know that it is grossly overpriced?

Could you, and will you, tell just what criteria you use to
determine that the BiGHA is overpriced?

Heavier and slower then bikes much cheaper. Costs more then similar
bikes. No one who has reviewed it is willing to pay for it with their
own money. Sold by people with a bad reputation for honoring warranties.

What is your criteria for determining that the Bigha is fairly priced?
Especially given that you will not buy one yourself?

Lorenzo L. Love

So that's your sole criteria for determining that something is
overpriced, cost, weight, and (supposedly) speed? OK, that's fine,
that's how you determine the worth of a bike. But can't you understand
that there are other, equally valid criteria? Can't you understand that
some people might include comfort, electronics, fit and finish, and so on?
And I have just about determined that either you are deliberately
obtuse or mentally unable to understand direct statements. I have not
said that I will not buy one. Do you understand that? Do I need to
repeat it? What I have said, again and again, is that I do not make
decisions on buying any bike that I have never ridden. Do you understand
that?
And, as for my determining that the BiGHA is fairly priced: I
haven't. I have never said that. Until I ride one, until I get a chance
to look one over, see how it's put together, get a feel for how the bike
handles, I won't say if it's fairly priced or not - once I do get a
chance to try one out, though, then I'll be able to pass my own
sujective judgement on whether or not it's fairly priced.
I do not judge the worth of a bike solely on weight and price, and a
conjectured speed. Do you understand what I have written? Or are you
going to continue to make your accusations, continue to demand that I
answer the same questions over and over again, no matter how many times
I do answer them?

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

Old August 26th 03, 12:56 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Larry Varney wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

Larry Varney wrote:

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

[...]

Sole criteria? Can you read? Let me say it slowly:
"Costs more then similar bikes. No one who has
reviewed it is willing to pay for it with their own
money. Sold by people with a bad reputation for
honoring warranties."

Why are you so fervently defending this expensive bike?

Old August 26th 03, 01:14 AM
a&b

LoLo,
WTF do you care and are so fervently attacking the bike?
If you want one so bad, just drive to the nearest dealer and pick it up.
BTW, did you ever get your Aero?
bill, neener, g