What's up with Bigha?

Old August 26th 03, 04:06 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Default What's up with Bigha?

Larry Varney wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

If people who have test ridden it and in some cases who have bought
dozens of different bikes won't buy one, what does that tell us?
Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

What does it tell us? About your criteria for determining if a bike is
overpriced? Nothing. Remember, you're the guy who doesn't feel that
actually riding the bike is all that important.
But I do lend some credence to a review by a person who has ridden a
bike. It matters little to me if he buys it or not - there are lots of
reasons that people might not buy something, even if they like it. If
they won't buy it because they found something objectionable about it
during their test, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
And I give no credence to the opinion of someone who has not seen,
much less ridden any bike.

What I actually wrote and you edited was:
If people who have test ridden it and in some cases who have bought dozens of different bikes won't buy one, what does that tell us? Defend Bigha all you want, it isn't making people buy them. It costs too much for a slow heavy bike, no matter how nicely finished. The company is largely made up of people who have already screwed over too many people. If you don't think these factors are important, then buy one. But you aren't going to are you?

Lot of people are eager to let some one else spend money, but still no
one here willing to spend their own on a Bigha.

Have you seen or much less ridden a Bigha? What credence should we give
to your opinion?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Old August 26th 03, 01:16 PM
John Rooker

Default Ed Dolan and "Realities"

In article ,
says...
I think we're /all/ missing the point here. Which is:

Why should anyone give a flying fuc*k whether anyone else on the newsgroup
would buy a BigHa?

Dave Larrington -
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

UMM, maybe because it is a recumbent newsgroup? The same question is
asked about just about any new recumbent. It's just a little more
interesting with the Bigha seeing if anyone will spend 3k on what is
essentially a high end BikeE and offers little that the BikeE AT didn't
offer at less than half the price. Oh yeah, and there's the little thing
about BikeE closing shop and leaving dealers and customers hanging and
then Bigha opening up before the dust settled. That's why we give a
flying whatever.
--
___________________
John Rooker KC2KQT

Old August 26th 03, 01:47 PM
Dave Larrington

John Rooker wrote:

UMM, maybe because it is a recumbent newsgroup? The same question is
asked about just about any new recumbent. It's just a little more
interesting with the Bigha seeing if anyone will spend 3k on what is
essentially a high end BikeE and offers little that the BikeE AT
didn't offer at less than half the price. Oh yeah, and there's the
little thing about BikeE closing shop and leaving dealers and
customers hanging and
then Bigha opening up before the dust settled. That's why we give a
flying whatever.

Given the number of responses to the question and, perhaps more pertinently,
the number of times the same question has been asked /without/ garnering a
response, though, it rather looks as though no-one *does* care. Perhaps if
the question had been:

"What does The Panel think of the BigHa" then more responses might have been
forthcoming.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old August 26th 03, 01:58 PM
John Rooker

In article ,
says...

Given the number of responses to the question and, perhaps more pertinently,
the number of times the same question has been asked /without/ garnering a
response, though, it rather looks as though no-one *does* care. Perhaps if
the question had been:

"What does The Panel think of the BigHa" then more responses might have been
forthcoming.

Dave Larrington -
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Dave,

With this group..I sort of doubt it.
--
___________________
John Rooker KC2KQT

Old August 26th 03, 03:12 PM
Scott

Larry, you are my hero! I love your, calm, mature, respectful
response to the childish ranting of El Dolan.

Ride well, amigo.

Scott

Larry Varney wrote in message ...
Edward Dolan wrote:

Your faith in hands-on experience is like that of a child, a dumb
child, who has to see and touch in order to believe. Those of us with
some level and ability to think abstractly do not need such
"realities". Our thinking has progressed to a level which you can
scarcely comprehend let alone respond to.

Mr. Love pointed out to even one so deaf and dumb as yourself the
comparative values of the different bikes based on price. Everyone in
this newsgroup knows what he is talking about with respect to these
various bikes except you. The main point was and is the $3000., but
only someone as dense as you would somehow think something else was at
issue. Like you said, and like I said before you, there is no
complexity here. But how to get you to focus on the one simple thing
is the ever continuing issue.

But now that I am reprimanding you, when the hell are you going to
learn to edit a post? It is not necessary to always be repeating the
entire post of what has gone before, only that part that you are
responding to. Note my example and follow.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I have taken your advice (not your command) and edited my reply.

This is not a matter of "belief". No one is asking anyone to "believe"
in the merits (or lack of same) in the BigHA. What is being discussed is
the validity of an opinion regarding the merits of the BigHA when the
opinion contains no actual experience with the bike. How valid, for
instance, is the opinion of the taste of an apple pie from the person
who has never eaten it? Sure, you can "believe" that it's good or bad,
but is that going to result in an accurate assessment of the pie?
The main point is not the price. There are many bikes costing that
much and more, and yet they are not being attacked. "Even one so deaf
and dumb as yourself" should have realized that. The main point, as I
have pointed out numerous times, is that yes, you do not need any actual
experience to have an opinion, but for it to reflect reality, it
certainly helps.
Here's an example: I believe that a TiRush is not worth the extra
money that it costs in comparison to a Gold Rush. I don't believe that
the TiRush is whatever-multiplier better than a RANS Rocket.
Perfectly acceptable opinion - it might even be shared by many
others. It might even be correct, so far as opinions can or need to be
"correct".
But how much validity can there be to such an opinion, when I point
out that I have never ridden a TiRush (I have seen a couple, though). My
total riding time on a Gold Rush was about 15 minutes, and that was a
couple of years ago. And I've ridden a Rocket perhaps twice that amount.
Personally, I would value the opinions of those who have ridden those
bikes much more than those who haven't. How about you?