Selfish parkers putting cyclists in danger

Old March 5th 16, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Selfish parkers putting cyclists in danger

QUOTE:
"Having a car jump in front of you or having some mud on the road is threatening. A cycle path is very clearly for bikes in the same way a pavement is for pedestrians. It's clearly illegal for cars to use them."

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council said: "The area where cars are parking is private land and provides access to a nearby balancing pond. We will raise the issue with the police regarding the dangerous driving which your correspondent has reported to see what can be done and we will liaise with all parties to see what can be done regarding vehicles obstructing the path."

A police spokesperson said: "We would remind drivers of the need to adhere to law and to be considerate to other road users, cyclists and pedestrians.

"Parking on pavements and cycle ways can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments, people with prams or pushchairs and cyclists."

Well said, Officer!

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html
Old March 5th 16, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Quote of the week

On 05/03/2016 08:42, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

"A cycle path is very clearly for bikes in the same way a pavement is
for pedestrians "

Well said !

I agree

Old March 5th 16, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

[...]

These jumping cars are obviously a real hazard in Cambridgeshire and
perhaps in Hull.

We never get them in other parts of the country though.

But I loved the bit that went:

" A cycle path is very clearly for bikes in the same way a pavement is
for pedestrians."

Some posters obviously either don't read what they cut'n'paste or don't
get irony (possibly both).

Will crackdown on selfish parkers help cyclists? Alycidon UK 2 February 5th 16 02:37 PM
Selfish drivers putting cyclists at risk. Alycidon UK 6 January 20th 16 12:15 PM
Selfish cyclists in Northwich are putting pedestrians at risk Mr Benn[_5_] UK 13 July 5th 12 07:29 PM
Selfish parkers Simon Mason[_4_] UK 52 November 14th 11 06:49 PM
Dozy gadget addict peds putting cyclists in danger Simon Mason[_4_] UK 42 October 1st 11 06:23 PM