GAZZ 19" x 3" ?

Old August 26th 05, 01:18 PM
byza_dog

Default GAZZ 19" x 3" ?

hey i was wondering if gazzalodi made a 3" for 19" rims coz i saw a pic
of ryan atkins uni and it had a gazz on it so do they make a 3" x 19"
or is it a 2.5" x19"?

--
byza_dog - two wheels was no longer a chalenge

Why cart two wheels around when you only need one?
byza_dog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10323

Old August 26th 05, 02:05 PM
UNIquelyCanadian

I've never heard of it. Do you have the photo? A real mountain tire for
19" would be great for natural trials.

--
UNIquelyCanadian - 8~)[==)--O

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive
idiots.
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Old August 27th 05, 01:52 AM
byza_dog

no i dont have the pic i saw it in some thread about cranks stronger
than profiles and someone said hey look at these cranks ryan atkins is
using and he was dropping off a small rock climbing wall and there
was an after pic or the crankz and wheel.

Old August 27th 05, 12:29 PM
foxx

Use the "Creepy Crawler" from Maxxis...'MORE INFO'
(http://tinyurl.com/dubqa) . It's a 20" x 2.5" Tire which is very light
and of course crippy...

Felix

--
foxx - gelegenheitsfahrer

GOD BLESS
'unitrials.de ! --- Einradfahren exTrEmE' (http://www.unitrials.de)
foxx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/572

Old August 28th 05, 11:19 AM
byza_dog

yer i no all about the creepy crawler and luna and all this but i wasnt
sure if gazzalodi made 2.5 or 3" tires for 19" rims u dont hear of em
much if at all!

Old August 28th 05, 02:41 PM
TrialsUni

I think that I know what picture you're talking about. It's from the
2004 California MUni weekend. That was a 24" wheel, not a 19" one. He
was testing out the Steve Howard uni/hub. And what's a better way to
test a hub's strength than taking a ten foot drop? He ended up bending
the hub--(I only know this b/c I saw other pictures--I wasn't at the
event myself). So stronger than profile's? Nope. Nothing is for
unicycles, right now.

--
TrialsUni - Urban Trials Rider
TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

Old August 28th 05, 11:02 PM
gerblefranklin

TrialsUni wrote:
*He ended up bending the hub--(I only know this b/c I saw other
pictures--I wasn't at the event myself). So stronger than profile's?
Nope. Nothing is for unicycles, right now. *

From what I understand the idea of the hub wasn't to make it stronger
than profiles. He made the hub from a cool type of stainless steel
that's heat-treatable. He was trying to test the strength of the
material -- would it fail catasrophically? Crack? bend?

I was there, at first it seemed the hub was unharmed, except for some
taco'ing and possibly frame warping. later Harper and JC saw the warping
in the piccy.

Stronger than profiles is easy, that's not where the problem is (just
make a gigantic axle and gigantic diameter tubes for the cranks). The
problem is manufacturing the thing in any reasonable quantity. I don't
think anyone has a shop that they can devote to making custom parts like
strong uni hubs. And even if you did make a hub/crankset stronger than
profiles, you're wasting time, since the pedal spindles will then just
bend left and right.

I'm slowly warming towards the idea of making m'self a hub that's
competitive with profiles in strength and weight. The problem is I'd
also have to make a new frame and pedals for it in order to carry the
srength through the system. A daunting task...

Making a hub stronger than profiles and then putting 9/16" pedal threads
on the cranks is like having a fire hose attached to a pinhole. No
matter how good the hose is, the hole at the end will be the limit.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex