Audible Warning When Riding

Old January 30th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Audible Warning When Riding

The old rotating bells are no good these days with drivers' music so
loud. Does anyone know of a good alarm of some kind against pedestrians
and motorists? A whistle is cheap and loud but I dont fancy riding with
it in my teeth all the time. Some motorcyclists used to attach aerosol
driven horns which must be quite light but may need a large battery.
What does everyone else use to secure life and limb?

upthekerbagain

Old January 30th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:
The old rotating bells are no good these days with drivers' music so
loud. Does anyone know of a good alarm of some kind against pedestrians
and motorists? A whistle is cheap and loud but I dont fancy riding with
it in my teeth all the time. Some motorcyclists used to attach aerosol
driven horns which must be quite light but may need a large battery.
What does everyone else use to secure life and limb?

upthekerbagain

AIRZOUND, £20, light weight, very loud, and powered by compressed air
from your pump, stored in a bottle.

http://www.sjscycles.com/store/item4.htm

Old January 31st 06, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

I have a simple but effective "bulb horn" ( my grandson gave to me for
Christmas 2004) and it is extremely effective. Bells are useless and nobody
takes any notice of them but everyone hears the toot of my horn. They may
laugh or ridicule it but they notice my approach! Best thing I had on my
bike. Quite excellent!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

oups.com...

Old January 31st 06, 06:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Ride on the pavement then all you need is a bell.

Old January 31st 06, 07:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Ric wrote:
Ride on the pavement then all you need is a bell.

John Doe / Troll.

Old January 31st 06, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , Ric
') wrote:

Ride on the pavement then all you need is a bell.

I know this is supposed to be 'clever' and 'a joke' but let's be clear
about this: riding on the pavement is both illegal and dangerous.

;; Perl ... is the Brittney Spears of programming - easily accessible
;; but, in the final analysis, empty of any significant thought
;; Frank Adrian on Slashdot, 21st July 2003