Red Menace 36 update

Old August 27th 06, 10:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

Default Red Menace 36 update

i dont quite get how it works.

can someone please explain it really slowly for me.

is the left crank not attatched to the hub at all?

--
iridemymuni

Evan Byrne wrote:
hope you like my super crappy present, but hey, you said you needed a
wrench.

~~hold bananas and chug counterfeit tobasco for christ~~

'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old August 27th 06, 10:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

wow, that coker is nice! you could ride around the country on that
thing.

--
tomtrevor

'A GALLERY!!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
I Read The Bible While Unicycling Becuse I Unicycle For Christ

You know your not in the hood when you think a 'cap in your ass' is a
funny place to put a hat.
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)o'm'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'r'
(http://www.tlb.org/park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'l'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)i'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)k'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old August 27th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Pete,

You sure know how to design a sexy thing like that, it's a pity you
live so far away because I'd sure like to try that thing sometime. I've
ridden a Schlumpf coker at Unicon and when your cranks are horizontal
you feel sort of a click and some of the energy you put in the
revolution is just gone. It feels very weird, you said there was no
crank play whatsoever, so you're saying it's a smoother ride than let's
say, a Schlumpf?
I love the handles you put on that thing, it was your Purple Haze
design that made me put handles on mine, and you keep giving me more
ideas on improving my own unicycle, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Dustin

--
DustinSchaap

● 10km u19 ● marathon u19 ● expert marathon

"I want bigger nipples." - *Roger Davies*
"Can I quote you on that?" - *Paul Royle*
DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614

Old August 27th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

iridemymuni wrote:
i dont quite get how it works.

can someone please explain it really slowly for me.

is the left crank not attached to the hub at all?

The hub is different than any other unicycle hub. The hub body is on
bearings and is able to rotate around the axle. In that sense the hub
is like a bicycle wheel hub that spins on an axle.

The cranks are attached to the axle. There is a jackshaft (the two
cogs above the hub). The chain from the cranks drive the jackshaft.
The second chain from the jackshaft then goes down and drives the hub.
So the hub is able to spin at a different RPM than the axle. That is
what allows for gearing. It can be geared up or down based on the size
of the cogs.

I hope that makes sense. It's hard to explain without pictures.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old August 27th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Very nice Pete. It's projects like this that keep the Seattle area at
the forefront of unicycle technology development.

Old August 27th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

Thanks all! Yep, I am pleased with it. A new paint job on old frame
tubes that were cut & re-welded many time can go a long way.

Drawings for my next project have begun.

PS: Happy International Harper Day!!!

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

Old August 27th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smcmorrow

That is a very nicely designed peice of equipment. I would really like
to try it. It looks so nice.

--
smcmorrow

\"It's knot gonna make it!\" -snuffiluffigus
smcmorrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10881

Old August 27th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
flyer

That is absolutely incredible. What a sexy unicycle. I don't think I'd
ever stop riding it (not that I stop riding my other ones either..)

Man, that's amazing.

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

Old August 28th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

I bet Dave Stockton would duplicate this for anyone interested...and I'd
also bet he could do it for less than I would.

Old August 28th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

unisk8r wrote:
I bet Dave Stockton would duplicate this for anyone interested...and I'd
also bet he could do it for less than I would.

Would that be Dave Stockton from 'LiveWire Unicycles'
(http://www.livewireunicycles.com/)?

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

UNICYCLING to fight Multiple Sclerosis...click 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/px9q9) to help.