Any Breezer riders in here?

Old January 10th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Any Breezer riders in here?

I ride a Breezer Citizen model to work day in and day out. I really
liked the bike from the first moment I layed eyes on it. It has a
internal regulated rear hub. Mine is a 3 speed, but seven speed hubs
are available too. This feature eliminates the external derailers. And
that's a plus for me, as I live and ride in rainy Western Oregon.
Anyone one else ride a Breezer?

gene

Old January 10th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

wrote:
I ride a Breezer Citizen model to work day in and day out. I really
liked the bike from the first moment I layed eyes on it. It has a
internal regulated rear hub. Mine is a 3 speed, but seven speed hubs
are available too. This feature eliminates the external derailers. And
that's a plus for me, as I live and ride in rainy Western Oregon.
Anyone one else ride a Breezer?

gene

No, but I've owned a facsimile, a Marin San Anselmo with fenders, rack,
and a Nexus 7 hub. I rode it tens of thousands of miles. First bike I
owned that really became an old friend like a sort of velo-horse. It
was ridden every day of the year save blizzards. A gorgeously
transparent vehicle like the rest of the world enjoys. I miss it
dearly. So many good times and great experiences on it. That bike
taught me the streets of Chicago, took me to work, fetched okra on
Devon Street and carried me down to the best torta shacks in Pilsen on
the south side. Stolen once, recovered, and traded for a ceremonial
bottle of The Tyrconnell, ridden again for a few years, then
accidentally left on a back porch unlocked where it was stolen.

/nostalgia

Nice choice, that Breezer. No bull****. It's a bike, in the same way
that a Brooks Brothers is a suit.

Old January 10th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cathy Kearns

wrote in message
I ride a Breezer Citizen model to work day in and day out. I really
liked the bike from the first moment I layed eyes on it. It has a
internal regulated rear hub. Mine is a 3 speed, but seven speed hubs
are available too. This feature eliminates the external derailers. And
that's a plus for me, as I live and ride in rainy Western Oregon.
Anyone one else ride a Breezer?

I bought a Breezer Uptown for my last birthday. This is my fourth bike,
after my carbon fiber trek for mountain climbs, my trek hybrid for rainy day
training rides, and my road tandem for riding with my sweetheart. But the
Breezer! I don't have to worry about night fall, the light is just there,
and since there is no battery it's always ready to go. The chainguard and
fenders mean I can jump on in whatever I'm wearing: wide legged trousers,
billowy skirts, doesn't matter. It's got platform pedals that work fine
with my strappy sandals and whatever shoes I'm wearing. And I can haul two
bags of groceries and not even notice the difference. Anything clips onto
the rack. And it even came with a bell. WOW. I fell in love with this
type of bike on our Baltic cruise, we would rent bikes in ports and they
looked just like this, okay, maybe less shiny. Mine even has the ring lock.
:-)

Old January 11th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Larry Webber

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 21:08:24 -0800, KGWebby wrote:

I ride a Breezer Citizen model to work day in and day out. I really
liked the bike from the first moment I layed eyes on it. It has a
internal regulated rear hub. Mine is a 3 speed, but seven speed hubs
are available too. This feature eliminates the external derailers. And
that's a plus for me, as I live and ride in rainy Western Oregon.
Anyone one else ride a Breezer?

gene

I ride a Breezer for my daily commuting (about 13 miles round trip). I
have replaced the 3-speed with a Surley flip flop hub and use the
fixed gear part of this almost always. I had multiple issues with the
Shimano 3-speed and, even when it was working OK, I didn't need or use 1st
or 3rd gear. For me commuting in mostly flat Indianapolis, Indiana, the
fixed gear works well for me - and it is fun! I also have a Raleigh "One
Way" with a flip flop hub that I also use as my general purpose bike. I
mostly use the fixed gear with this too.

Larry

Old January 11th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul Hobson

Larry Webber wrote:
I also have a Raleigh "One
Way" with a flip flop hub that I also use as my general purpose bike. I
mostly use the fixed gear with this too.

I'm loving my One Way! You? I think it's the first bike that's really
fit me too.
Old January 11th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Larry Webber wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a good idea, especially since I like riding a fixie also.
:-)

You could put a picture of it he-

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/

Maybe someone would like to copy what you have done.

Lewis.

*****

Larry

Old January 12th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Larry Webber

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:15:22 -0800, limeylew wrote:

Larry Webber wrote:
[...]

Lewis,

I will try to put a picture of the Breezer on that site this weekend.

Larry

Old January 12th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Any Breezer riders in here? Thank You!

Thanks for all the great replies people! I'm still learning about
bikes, could anyone please explain to me, exactly what is a "Flip FLop
Hub?"

gene

Old January 12th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

It has a fixed gear (no coasting) on one side, and a single speed
freewheel on the other.

wrote:
Thanks for all the great replies people! I'm still learning about
bikes, could anyone please explain to me, exactly what is a "Flip FLop
Hub?"

gene

Serious Riders dudewithasock Unicycling 0 October 27th 05 03:48 AM
WTB Breezer Lightning or Fat Wicked Lite tstaff Marketplace 0 July 20th 05 04:54 AM
ATTENTION RIDERS - Company now forming pro cycling team - RIDERS WANTED Marcello do Guzman Racing 1 July 7th 05 04:38 PM
Breezer Chris Lamb General 1 July 4th 05 09:55 PM
FS: BREEZER LIGHTNING FRAME 1998 CLASSIC HARDTAIL - $300 pista_2004 Marketplace 0 May 21st 05 06:12 PM