Riis just killed pro-cycling.....

Old May 26th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

Default Riis just killed pro-cycling.....

Riis just killed the sport known as pro-cycling. The European police in
Italy and France were in the end correct and the people who criticized them
were wrong. I think David Millar was the first to crack under those warm
interrogation lights. In the end he told them all they needed to know about
this cycling-Mafia. Kudos to all of the European police agencies, in
cracking this Mafia wide open for all to see. All that crap about these
guys going up grades 8% at 26 mph were simply an illusion. Where does
Carmichael go now, when people now know it wasn't his training, but what he
had in the medicine bag. What about Liggett, will he now return to being a
shoe salesman? Trautman can now compare his steroid perfected Yankee team
to the EPO perfected CSC team. It was the perfect illusion,......all of it.
We should all give them a giant round of applause for this magic trick of
the century called pro-cycling.

Old May 26th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 25, 7:14 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus"
wrote:
[...]

I hope your wrong...but after all that's transpired the last couple of
weeks, I sure ain't gonna argue!!!

One of the really sad parts is that this quote from Riis:

"When I was a rider in the 1990s, I worked extremely hard to get my
results. I worked extremely hard, day in day out and I sacrificed a
lot just even to be part of the best."

is basically true. Just as it is for every other member of the
peleton (even Floyd). Those guys are super-human athletes without EPO
or any other drugs. A lot of the non-cycling public now thinks that
these guys are just no-talent, average-joe lazy bums that are just
willing to take a needle. This slight probably even carries down to
amateurs and wanna-bes who are out there paying their dues at their
own level. I think whoever said drugs can't turn a donkey into a
racehorse got it right. Too bad the talented men and women of future
peletons will have an even tougher fight against an already-jaded
public.

Old May 26th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article .net,
"Crescentius Vespasianus" wrote:

Riis just killed the sport known as pro-cycling. The European police in
Italy and France were in the end correct and the people who criticized them
were wrong. I think David Millar was the first to crack under those warm
interrogation lights. In the end he told them all they needed to know about
this cycling-Mafia. Kudos to all of the European police agencies, in
cracking this Mafia wide open for all to see. All that crap about these
guys going up grades 8% at 26 mph were simply an illusion. Where does
Carmichael go now, when people now know it wasn't his training, but what he
had in the medicine bag.

Dumbass:

everybody knows Carmichael had nothing to do with Lance's training.

Blame Dr. Evil,

Old May 26th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 25, 5:14 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus"
wrote:
[...]

I think it's time for Armstrong to come clean and admit he doped, just
like everyone else. I think Hincapie needs to come clean, as does the
rest of the Motorola/Discovery team. Former teammates like Landis,
Hamilton, and Heras all doped. It's impossible to believe that
Armstrong could have been so dominating without "help", especially
when seemingly everyone else was doping. Hincapie was a classics
rider/sprinter, and suddenly he becomes a super-domestique hanging
with LA in the lead group over the mountains and wins a mountain stage
in the TDF? It's too good to be true.

Rick H

Old May 26th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

wrote:

[...]

Lance will never admit it. Just like O.J will never admit culpability.
If they think they have a chance of getting away with it, that is all
they need.

Andre

Old May 26th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 26, 12:28 am, William Asher wrote:
wrote roups.com:

I think it's time for Armstrong to come clean and admit he doped, just
like everyone else. I think Hincapie needs to come clean, as does the
rest of the Motorola/Discovery team. Former teammates like Landis,
Hamilton, and Heras all doped. It's impossible to believe that
Armstrong could have been so dominating without "help", especially
when seemingly everyone else was doping. Hincapie was a classics
rider/sprinter, and suddenly he becomes a super-domestique hanging
with LA in the lead group over the mountains and wins a mountain stage
in the TDF? It's too good to be true.

I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles.

http://tinyurl.com/3yamjb

--
Bill Asher

Just who were those two guys on the podium with Lance? :-)

Old May 26th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_2_]

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
In article .net,
[...]

True, but that's not what he and Armstrong have led the world to believe
with books and endorsements of training programs. Armstrong is an investor
in CTS.

Old May 26th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_2_]

ups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Not true, Rick. According to Dr. Eddie Coyle (supported by our own Dr.
Coggan), it is possible with years of training to develope the efficiency
needed to climb mountains at 26 kph. Lose weight as Armstrong and George
are alleged to have done, and you can climb even though you're a classics
man. Look at Indurain. All he had to do was lose weight and suddenly his
climbing and time trialing became world class. It's all hard work, diet and
the efficiency created by years of selfless training. You believe me, don't
you? ;-)

Old May 26th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morphy-New Orleans

"Crescentius Vespasianus" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

Actually, this could be the best thing to help cycling clean up and recover
some measure of credibility. At least I hope so. It was a beautiful sport
to watch prior to the 1990s.