Amazing one wheeled riding (without engine)

Old August 19th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchicken III

Default Amazing one wheeled riding (without engine)

Here's a guy who makes a 10 minute wheelie ride on his mountain bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDliGYxs3t4

I figure it is harder to keep fore/aft balance like this than on a
unicycle.

--
goldenchicken III
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

Eh...boring. There's a guy at my school on the bike team who rides
wheelies on his mountain bike all around campus.

I wish I could ride a wheelie, though.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oneisenough

thats really cool...but it gets boring after a while

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dave_the_b

I figure it is harder to keep fore/aft balance like this than on a
unicycle.

Find the balance point then use the rear brake to stop yourself going
over the back...easy as peasy

I get bored after about half a mile plus my old hands start to hurt
these days holding on and braking at the same time

Downhill coasting wheelies are the best, pull up the front wheel, lean
back and enjoy the ride

--
dave_the_b

Arm waving newbie...but I seem to be getting away with it
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Matt_V

I can wheelie for about 50 feet and manual a bit, I should practice more
so that I can do it forever like this guy.

--
Matt_V

-Matt
Check out my 'youtube'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mattvandermeulen) videos

My msn: - Add me if you wish
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
austingillespie

Manueling on bikes is really hard, I can wheelie for about 25 pedals on
my mountain bike but I can't manuel more than 10 ft.

--
austingillespie

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
evil-nick

I think he lost a wheel.

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 20th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

austingillespie wrote:
Manueling on bikes is really hard, I can wheelie for about 25 pedals on
my mountain bike but I can't manuel more than 10 ft.

Well providing you're using brake control (and can wheelie quite wel),
find a not very steep hill, wheelie along at the top, and well when you
have some speed you should start to roll without pedalling, and control
with back brake - can anyone else explain better?

Wheelies get a bit boring... when you can do one hand and no hand
wheelies , I think it's the fast manuals that make it fun,
like someone said.

Oh one more thing, providing you're going for a good wheelie session,
to take pressure off your hands when you're up, angle the seat ideally
as far forward (down) as possible. This means that rather than having
to hold the bike up with your arms, your body weight does it for you

--
jamessd

My videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBvnO6wVG0#GU5U2spHI_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkZLQzvf2g
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mtnedg1YS8c
Add me:
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 20th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oneisenough

manualing is quite hard but im good at it if i have a jump to get the
front whell up and can spot the place to set the manual down (as in bmx
racing)... but besides that it is very hard

Old August 20th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

Look, i'm so bored I even drew a diagram:
(this is opposed to your weight sliding backwards off your seat)

Ps, to me manualing and 'coasting' are the same thing - but i've been
talking about coasting specificly

|Filename: diagram.jpg |