Bad day for T-Mobile

Old September 8th 04, 05:28 PM
Robert Chung

Default Bad day for T-Mobile

Wesemann, Hiekman, Botero, out. Vinokourov was hurting. Cadel Evans
must've avoided dinner with the group last night because he was the only
T-Mobiler who finished strong. He moves up into top 5 on GC.

Valverde is in 4th, at +0:09. Kelme doesn't look like a Div. 2 team.

Aitor Gonzalez showed good form, too.

Landis looked smooth.

Old September 8th 04, 05:35 PM
gym gravity

Robert Chung wrote:

Wesemann, Hiekman, Botero, out. Vinokourov was hurting. Cadel Evans
must've avoided dinner with the group last night because he was the only
T-Mobiler who finished strong. He moves up into top 5 on GC.

He looks guilty to me.

grin
Old September 8th 04, 06:04 PM
Donald Munro

Robert Chung wrote:

Wesemann, Hiekman, Botero, out. Vinokourov was hurting. Cadel Evans
must've avoided dinner with the group last night because he was the only
T-Mobiler who finished strong. He moves up into top 5 on GC.

Where did Vino finish ? (the cyclingnews results only list up to 62nd
(56sec back) so he must have lost out big time - presumably Evans will be
their no. 1 for the rest of the vuelta.)

Old September 8th 04, 06:13 PM
Robert Chung

Donald Munro wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:

Wesemann, Hiekman, Botero, out. Vinokourov was hurting. Cadel Evans
must've avoided dinner with the group last night because he was the
only T-Mobiler who finished strong. He moves up into top 5 on GC.

Where did Vino finish ? (the cyclingnews results only list up to 62nd
(56sec back) so he must have lost out big time - presumably Evans will
be their no. 1 for the rest of the vuelta.)

Not yet sure. He went out the back when the peloton hit the start of the
Torremiro. About halfway up, when the grupetto was forming up around him,
the motocams went ahead to track the gold jersey group. I didn't see him
after that.

Old September 8th 04, 06:22 PM

Donald Munro writes:

Where did Vino finish ? (the cyclingnews results only list up to 62nd
(56sec back) so he must have lost out big time - presumably Evans will be
their no. 1 for the rest of the vuelta.)

here ya go sport

http://www.lavuelta.com/04/ingles/re...s/ind5.asp?e=5

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://sixday.741.com/
Old September 8th 04, 06:37 PM
B. Lafferty

"gym gravity" wrote in message
Robert Chung wrote:

Wesemann, Hiekman, Botero, out. Vinokourov was hurting. Cadel Evans
must've avoided dinner with the group last night because he was the only
T-Mobiler who finished strong. He moves up into top 5 on GC.

He looks guilty to me.

grin

I don't think we've had such a team sickness since PDM.

Old September 8th 04, 07:31 PM
gym gravity

Robert Chung wrote:

Wesemann, Hiekman, Botero, out. Vinokourov was hurting. Cadel Evans
must've avoided dinner with the group last night because he was the only
T-Mobiler who finished strong. He moves up into top 5 on GC.

He looks guilty to me.

grin

I don't think we've had such a team sickness since PDM.

What do you think they're on? My guess is that Evans spiked the water
bottles with Ex-lax.
Old September 8th 04, 07:50 PM
gym gravity

Donald Munro writes:

Where did Vino finish ? (the cyclingnews results only list up to 62nd
(56sec back) so he must have lost out big time - presumably Evans will be
their no. 1 for the rest of the vuelta.)

here ya go sport

http://www.lavuelta.com/04/ingles/re...s/ind5.asp?e=5

What does this mean (CN)?

180 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) T-Mobile Team
181 Mikel Artetxe (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi
182 Brian Vandborg (Den) Team CSC 20.25
183 Matthew White (Aus) Cofidis, le credit par Telephone 24.48
DNF Scott Sunderland (Aus) Alessio-Bianchi
DNF Santiago Botero (Col) T-Mobile Team
DNF Torsten Hiekmann (Ger) T-Mobile Team
DNF Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) T-Mobile Team
Old September 8th 04, 08:09 PM

gym gravity writes:

wrote:
Donald Munro writes:

Where did Vino finish ? (the cyclingnews results only list up to 62nd
(56sec back) so he must have lost out big time - presumably Evans will be
their no. 1 for the rest of the vuelta.)

here ya go sport
http://www.lavuelta.com/04/ingles/re...s/ind5.asp?e=5

What does this mean (CN)?

180 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) T-Mobile Team
181 Mikel Artetxe (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi
182 Brian Vandborg (Den) Team CSC 20.25
183 Matthew White (Aus) Cofidis, le credit par Telephone 24.48
DNF Scott Sunderland (Aus) Alessio-Bianchi
DNF Santiago Botero (Col) T-Mobile Team
DNF Torsten Hiekmann (Ger) T-Mobile Team
DNF Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) T-Mobile Team

somebody got bad information or mistyped or screwed up the boilerplating.

no biggie really

here is the official list of lads who put a foot down

SUNDERLAND, Scott AUS ALS RETIRADOS
BOTERO, Santiago COL TMO RETIRADOS
HIEKMANN, Torsten GER TMO RETIRADOS
WESEMANN, Steffan GER TMO RETIRADOS

Old September 8th 04, 08:12 PM
B. Lafferty

Robert Chung wrote:

Wesemann, Hiekman, Botero, out. Vinokourov was hurting. Cadel Evans
must've avoided dinner with the group last night because he was the only
T-Mobiler who finished strong. He moves up into top 5 on GC.

He looks guilty to me.

grin

I don't think we've had such a team sickness since PDM.

What do you think they're on? My guess is that Evans spiked the water
bottles with Ex-lax.

Maybe they got some bad bottles from Gerolsteiner. It is odd that Evans
apparently wasn't affected. Maybe it's early onset of glandular fever from
kissing on the team bus. You know how those pro racers are when away from
home and hearth.

where do you keep your mobile while riding? thinuniking Unicycling 29 February 4th 04 07:07 AM
Mobile Phones Vincent Wilcox UK 38 December 5th 03 10:02 AM
Web page to report drivers using mobile phones Justin Australia 2 November 12th 03 10:26 PM