Piece of thick old tube instead of patch?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th 17, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

Default Piece of thick old tube instead of patch?

On 2017-07-16 11:21, Ian Field wrote:

"Joerg" wrote in message
Got a couple of thick tubes that are damaged because of the #%&@!!
Gatorksin side wall blow-outs back when I used those tires. Expensive
at around $17/pop, don't want to throw away. Fixing small tears of
1/10" or so with REMA patches works but only for 3-6 month, then they
hiss through and I get a slow leak. I can ride home but it's annoying.

Somehow that never worked for me - I've heard of people soaking a patch
of denim in rubber solution, but I've never tried that (yet).

That sounds discouraging. I have ordered another thick tube yesterday.
Found it on EBay for $11. It would be nice not to have to throw away
so much stuff after just one event.

Self sealing inner tubes have started turning up on shop shelves -
they're not all *THAT* much more expensive, I just CBA trying one.

I got sick and tired of those. Especially after a green gooey mess on the
garage floor.

Tried RTV sealant once - it ****ed up the nozzle on a garage forecourt air
line.

TUBE PATCH GLUE datakoll Techniques 6 February 13th 13 01:24 AM
Tube patch - rubber cement question and warning. dgk General 3 November 12th 12 01:18 AM
tube patch glues kolldata Techniques 76 October 6th 11 02:49 PM
latex tube patch? Charles Beristain Techniques 4 July 27th 07 09:53 PM
Flat & Tube Patch question(s) [email protected] Techniques 7 November 27th 06 04:30 AM