Tough ****, Floyd.

Old December 14th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Tough ****, Floyd.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...c06/dec11news2

Landis considers cost of defence
Floyd Landis
Photo ©: Rebecca Anderson
Floyd Landis and his lawyer, Howard Jacobs, are waiting to present
their case regarding Landis' postive doping result in the 2006 Tour in
an USADA arbitration hearing, expected for early 2007. If found guilty,
Landis will face a minimum two-year ban from cycling and be stripped of
his 2006 Tour de France victory. Since July, the 31 year-old American
has had to deal with the stress of legal battles and losing a family
member.

In an interview with England's The Mail on Sunday, Landis reported his
defence has already cost him $150,000 and he is losing optimism. "The
sport doesn't want me to win and it's going to be very difficult to do
so," he said to the newspaper. "Even if I do, people will believe I've
got off on a technicality. I want people to understand the true,
scientific reasons behind my innocence, not a technicality.

"If I lost, I'm not sure I could carry on. I wasn't the highest-paid
cyclist and it's looking like this might cost me $500,000. I think the
authorities know I'll run out of money. They've said they'll appeal if
they lose the hearing and that might take another year. ... If I'm
banned for four years and stripped of my title and prize-money, I'll
never race again. My desire for it would have been obliterated."

Landis gave the Tour de France an unwanted scandal when it was found,
post-Tour, that he had tested with a high Testosterone/Epitestosterone
ratio. The result effectively ended Phonak's involvement in the sport
of cycling, put riders and staff out of a job and has thrown Landis
into legal battles to try to retain his Tour title.

David Witt, Landis' father-in-law and close friend, shot himself dead
in a San Diego, California car parking lot shortly after the Tour.
Witt's family refuse that the suicide had anything to do with Landis'
positive result, but the rider is not ruling it out.

"I don't know why he did it," Landis said in the interview. "But I'd be
deluding myself if I thought the dope case did not play a big part in
his stress. He was a good friend long before he became my
father-in-law. We used to cycle together... He was on the
Champs-Elysees the day I won the Tour and he was at the victory party.

"I didn't talk to him the week before he died. I feel really bad about
that but I was completely consumed by the accusations levelled against
me. Maybe, if I had, he would have said something about how he felt.
Now it's too late and we'll never know why. It's been the toughest few
months of my life. One moment I've realised a lifelong dream in Paris,
the next I've become one of the biggest doping stories of all time. But
if it's been hard for me, it's been a great deal harder for my family."

Old December 14th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Dec 13, 8:08 pm, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...c06/dec11news2

Yep **** those who don't have the money to fight corporations or
governments that have deep pockets. If the cocksuckers can't keep
paying for the lawyers they're guilty as **** and should be screwed!
**** the little guy, they contribute NOTHING! Make those little
*******s give up by bankrupting the pricks who dare challenge the
powersd that be!
Bill C

Old December 14th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:
On Dec 13, 8:08 pm, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...c06/dec11news2

Yep **** those who don't have the money to fight corporations or
governments that have deep pockets. If the cocksuckers can't keep
paying for the lawyers they're guilty as **** and should be screwed!
**** the little guy, they contribute NOTHING! Make those little
*******s give up by bankrupting the pricks who dare challenge the
powersd that be!
Bill C

No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4
Million US Dollars.

Old December 14th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Burt

wrote:
Bill C wrote:
On Dec 13, 8:08 pm, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...c06/dec11news2

Yep **** those who don't have the money to fight corporations or
governments that have deep pockets. If the cocksuckers can't keep
paying for the lawyers they're guilty as **** and should be screwed!
**** the little guy, they contribute NOTHING! Make those little
*******s give up by bankrupting the pricks who dare challenge the
powersd that be!
Bill C

No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4
Million US Dollars.

Retard,

Do you know anything about the validation of analytical methods or good
laboratory practice?

Every think about applying for a job at WADA?

Thanks,
Burt

Old December 14th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Bill C wrote:
On Dec 13, 8:08 pm, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...c06/dec11news2

Yep **** those who don't have the money to fight corporations or
governments that have deep pockets. If the cocksuckers can't keep
paying for the lawyers they're guilty as **** and should be screwed!
**** the little guy, they contribute NOTHING! Make those little
*******s give up by bankrupting the pricks who dare challenge the
powersd that be!

The prevailing party should be able to recoup their legal expenditures.
That should fix a lot of things right there.

Old December 14th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Yep **** those who don't have the money to fight corporations or
governments that have deep pockets. If the cocksuckers can't keep
paying for the lawyers they're guilty as **** and should be screwed!
**** the little guy, they contribute NOTHING! Make those little
*******s give up by bankrupting the pricks who dare challenge the
powersd that be!
Bill C

No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4
Million US Dollars.

Or the dweebs who run a lab without adequate security for their computer
systems. Geez, nobody's EVER heard of students breaking in to change grades,
have they? And now we have a lab that has apparently been close to wide-open
to the outside world. So not only do we have concerns about what lab
employees are doing, we now have to consider what others outside might have
been able to do as well, by manipulating data.

This whole thing is one huge joke that I'd like to think will just blow up
and go away. Of course it won't, because the people who refuse to accept the
idea that the lab might have screwed up, or the tests simply not good
enough... those people are in far too deep to step back and say they may
have goofed and still have a chance to maintain their power. And power is
really what this is all about.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old December 14th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

writes:

[...]

Davey strains his ears

Yes sir, Davey faintly hears the strains of the opening bars of the
final Aria....................

"Se Una Pudica Vergineine................"
http://azurservers.com/flag/final.html

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
Old December 14th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Burt wrote:
Retard,

Do you know anything about the validation of analytical methods or good
laboratory practice?

Every think about applying for a job at WADA?

He'd get the job. Being a retard is a requirement.

Old December 14th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
TomYoung

wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...c06/dec11news2

[copy of article detailing the travails of Floyd Landis and his possible ruination snipped]

As I've said before, rbr primarily exists to provide textbook examples
of schadenfreude by little people.

Tom Young

Old December 14th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

That must be one BIG ****ing textbook!

Here's a tough one jimmymac Techniques 0 November 14th 06 07:43 PM
FLOYD LANDIS IS A SHIT EATING AMERICAN PUNK CHEATER! the messenjah Techniques 14 August 8th 06 08:05 AM
Floyd Landis is so tough... Bucky Racing 1 July 28th 06 04:19 PM
Floyd Landis is SO tough, that he.............. [email protected] Racing 6 July 23rd 06 08:04 AM
They think they are tough, JD Mountain Biking 15 December 19th 03 03:46 AM