Tough ****, Floyd.

Old December 14th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Yankee

Default Tough ****, Floyd.

No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4 Million US Dollars.

The biggest problem with this whole controversy is that pre-stage
testosterone doping is totally illogical -- about as efficacious as
giving someone a cholesterol-lowering drug in the middle of a heart
attack, it's been said. Long-term testosterone doping could give the
user an unfair advantage but (to my knowledge) is not supported by lab
tests and has not even been alleged in the Landis affair.

Old December 14th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Mike Yankee wrote:
No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4 Million US Dollars.

The biggest problem with this whole controversy is that pre-stage
testosterone doping is totally illogical -- about as efficacious as
giving someone a cholesterol-lowering drug in the middle of a heart
attack, it's been said.

That's not what the pros who have talked about testosterone use have
said. They claim it gives an immediate boost.
Old December 14th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kyle Legate wrote:
Mike Yankee wrote:
No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4 Million US Dollars.

The biggest problem with this whole controversy is that pre-stage
testosterone doping is totally illogical -- about as efficacious as
giving someone a cholesterol-lowering drug in the middle of a heart
attack, it's been said.

That's not what the pros who have talked about testosterone use have
said. They claim it gives an immediate boost.

Can you say 'placebo effect'? I knew that you could.

My apologies to Mr. Rogers. Couldn't help it.

Here's the deal, just 'cause some pro cyclist who's the equivelant of a
GED-hopeful says it works, doesn't mean it works. There's no
scientific basis to assume it works as described and the vast majority
of users don't claim it works in the short term, regardless of what a
handful of pro cyclists say.

Fred

Old December 15th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kyle Legate wrote:
wrote:
Kyle Legate wrote:
Mike Yankee wrote:
No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4 Million US Dollars.
The biggest problem with this whole controversy is that pre-stage
testosterone doping is totally illogical -- about as efficacious as
giving someone a cholesterol-lowering drug in the middle of a heart
attack, it's been said.

That's not what the pros who have talked about testosterone use have
said. They claim it gives an immediate boost.

Can you say 'placebo effect'? I knew that you could.

My apologies to Mr. Rogers. Couldn't help it.

Here's the deal, just 'cause some pro cyclist who's the equivelant of a
GED-hopeful says it works, doesn't mean it works. There's no
scientific basis to assume it works as described and the vast majority
of users don't claim it works in the short term, regardless of what a
handful of pro cyclists say.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't work as described, as long as the rider
thinks it works.

Right, a guy can will himself to average over 350W for 7 hours just
'cause he THINKS the T-patch on his nut sack is working. Let's not get
too carried away in crediting the placebo effect with Floyd's epic
ride.

Fred

Old December 15th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:54:43 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Yep **** those who don't have the money to fight corporations or
governments that have deep pockets. If the cocksuckers can't keep
paying for the lawyers they're guilty as **** and should be screwed!
**** the little guy, they contribute NOTHING! Make those little
*******s give up by bankrupting the pricks who dare challenge the
powersd that be!
Bill C

No. **** the thief who puts apatch on his ball sack to help steal $4
Million US Dollars.

Or the dweebs who run a lab without adequate security for their computer
systems. Geez, nobody's EVER heard of students breaking in to change grades,
have they? And now we have a lab that has apparently been close to wide-open
to the outside world. So not only do we have concerns about what lab
employees are doing, we now have to consider what others outside might have
been able to do as well, by manipulating data.

This whole thing is one huge joke that I'd like to think will just blow up
and go away. Of course it won't, because the people who refuse to accept the
idea that the lab might have screwed up, or the tests simply not good
enough... those people are in far too deep to step back and say they may
have goofed and still have a chance to maintain their power.

That is what is wrong with the leaks. Once there was rumor and premature
announcement of results, every one of those assholes feels obliged to stick to
the official story.

And power is really what this is all about.

Yep.

Ron
Old December 17th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

writes:

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11346.0.html

Landis concedes career may be over
By Agence France Presse
This report filed December 16, 2006
American Floyd Landis, who is expected to be stripped of the Tour de
France yellow jersey for testing positive after this year's race, said
Saturday his cycling career may be practically over.

Landis won the race in spectacular fashion this year to succeed his
now-retired compatriot Lance Armstrong, the iconic seven-time winner of
the world's biggest bike race.

However days after his triumph it emerged that Landis had tested
positive for the banned male sex hormone testosterone after his
spectacular victory on stage 17, which resurrected his bid for the
yellow jersey.

Landis, who grew up in a strict Mennonite Christian community in
Pennsylvania, has always protested his innocence. And while weighing up
his future, he told the Belgian press that even if he

is cleared by an American arbitration body early in the new year, he
will likely miss the coming season.

"There's a minute chance of me racing again in 2007," the 31-year-old
is reported as saying in Belgian dailies Het Laatste Nieuws and Het
Gazet van Antwerpen. "Even if I'm not suspended, who will want to sign
me?"

Landis's positive test prompted his former team, Phonak, to pull out of
cycling. Their place in cycling's Pro Tour series was on Friday awarded
to Swedish-Belgian outfit Unibet.

"And if they suspend me for two or four years - a humiliation which I
hope doesn't happen - it's over for me." he added. "As things stand
now, I don't see myself as a bike racer."

Landis has claimed that inconsistencies by the French laboratory which
analyzed his samples led to his positive result.

And he claims he is now fighting for his personal reputation, and not
just his career.

"I've never taken testosterone, I would have been stupid to because you
just can't get away with it (in doping tests)," he said. "What it comes
down to is that I'm being accused of stupidity more than

doping."

If found guilty, Landis would be the first rider in the modern era to
be stripped of the Tour de France's yellow jersey. In the event, it
will be handed to his former teammate Oscar Pereiro of Spain.

"Even if I'm proved innocent, my reputation is ruined," he lamented.

Ahead of the festive season, Landis - whose father-in-law committed
suicide, in still unclear circumstances, not long after the news of his
positive test became public - said he wants a simple wish for
Christmas.

"To have a day without any worries," he said. "This whole affair has
ruined my life. My father-in-law committed suicide. There must be a
link to what happened.

He was my best friend and my biggest supporter."

Davey makes a mental note to send Floyd a Crying Towel for Christmas

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]

Old December 17th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

You'd think! I think the whole process is pretty screwed. Guilt or
not, the guy isn't getting a fair trial and will fair much worse than a
real doper like Hamilton...at least we must assume so because they told
us he was guilty.

CH

RicodJour wrote:
Bill C wrote:
On Dec 13, 8:08 pm, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...c06/dec11news2

Yep **** those who don't have the money to fight corporations or
governments that have deep pockets. If the cocksuckers can't keep
paying for the lawyers they're guilty as **** and should be screwed!
**** the little guy, they contribute NOTHING! Make those little
*******s give up by bankrupting the pricks who dare challenge the
powersd that be!

The prevailing party should be able to recoup their legal expenditures.
That should fix a lot of things right there.

Here's a tough one jimmymac Techniques 0 November 14th 06 07:43 PM
FLOYD LANDIS IS A SHIT EATING AMERICAN PUNK CHEATER! the messenjah Techniques 14 August 8th 06 08:05 AM
Floyd Landis is so tough... Bucky Racing 1 July 28th 06 04:19 PM
Floyd Landis is SO tough, that he.............. [email protected] Racing 6 July 23rd 06 08:04 AM
They think they are tough, JD Mountain Biking 15 December 19th 03 03:46 AM