Mirror/shoulder interface

Old July 23rd 09, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eddie[_2_]

Default Mirror/shoulder interface

A van overtook me this morning, misjudged the gap, and hit my shoulder
with his mirror.

I've got his registration, and know where he lives to within a dozen
houses or so.

What do I do about it?

1. Report it to the police;

2. Try to take more of the road next time;

3. "Adjust" his mirrors with a blunt object;

4. All of the above;

5. None of the above.

(First person to mention "primary position" gets a pump inserted where
the sun don't shine.)

--
Eddie
Old July 23rd 09, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Fox[_8_]

(First person to mention "primary position" gets a pump inserted where
the sun don't shine.)

If that's your attitude to advice then: "whatever".

--
Peter 'Prof' Fox
Multitude of things for beer, cycling, Morris and curiosities at

Old July 23rd 09, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Eddie wrote:
A van overtook me this morning, misjudged the gap, and hit my shoulder
with his mirror.

I've got his registration, and know where he lives to within a dozen
houses or so.

What do I do about it?

1. Report it to the police;

2. Try to take more of the road next time;

3. "Adjust" his mirrors with a blunt object;

4. All of the above;

5. None of the above.

(First person to mention "primary position" gets a pump inserted where
the sun don't shine.)

1 and 2 seem sensible.
I think that the most you can expect from the police would be for them
to have a word with the driver. This will probably achieve more than
No.3 would.

--
Roger Thorpe

Standing on a golf course, dressed in PVC.....
Old July 23rd 09, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:33:44 +0100, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

1 and 2 seem sensible.
I think that the most you can expect from the police would be for them
to have a word with the driver. This will probably achieve more than
No.3 would.

+1 for that. People get very defensive when they know they are in the
wrong, so giving him an excuse to switch guilt for righteous
indignation would be a terrible idea.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old July 23rd 09, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eddie[_2_]

Peter Fox wrote:

(First person to mention "primary position" gets a pump inserted where
the sun don't shine.)

If that's your attitude to advice then: "whatever".

Here, have one of these: :-)

--
Eddie
Old July 23rd 09, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eddie[_2_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Eddie wrote:

snip
What do I do about it?

1. Report it to the police;

2. Try to take more of the road next time;

3. "Adjust" his mirrors with a blunt object;

snip
1 and 2 seem sensible.
I think that the most you can expect from the police would be for them
to have a word with the driver. This will probably achieve more than
No.3 would.

Yes... no. 3 wasn't an entirely serious suggestion.

--
Eddie
Old July 23rd 09, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_2_]

Eddie wrote:
Peter Fox wrote:

(First person to mention "primary position" gets a pump inserted
where the sun don't shine.)

If that's your attitude to advice then: "whatever".

Here, have one of these: :-)

I need cheering up,can I have one too?

Bod
Old July 23rd 09, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_2_]

Eddie wrote:
Roger Thorpe wrote:
Eddie wrote:

snip
What do I do about it?

1. Report it to the police;

2. Try to take more of the road next time;

3. "Adjust" his mirrors with a blunt object;

snip
1 and 2 seem sensible.
I think that the most you can expect from the police would be for them
to have a word with the driver. This will probably achieve more than
No.3 would.

Yes... no. 3 wasn't an entirely serious suggestion.

Good luck to you if you do visit the police.
I'd avoid downplaying the seriousness of what happened, I seem to recall
at least one fatality caused this way, and it's unlikely the driver was
not aware that they had hit you.

--
Roger Thorpe

....you had the whole damn thing all wrong/
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays...
Old July 23rd 09, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eddie[_2_]

Bod wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Peter Fox wrote:

If that's your attitude to advice then: "whatever".

Here, have one of these: :-)

I need cheering up,can I have one too?

Sure, just copy and paste the first one and you can have as many as you
like.

--
Eddie
Old July 23rd 09, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eddie[_2_]

Eddie wrote:

1. Report it to the police;

I'm almost surprised, given that there was no injury or damage, but
someone's coming round to take further details this evening.

We'll see what happens after that...

--
Eddie

SPD interface jp Techniques 2 September 23rd 07 01:54 AM
SPD interface jp Techniques 1 September 23rd 07 01:17 AM
Shoulder op - anyone? Wichita UK 1 October 18th 05 10:47 PM
Polar and USB interface Rowlie Mountain Biking 3 August 12th 04 03:10 PM
polar IR interface Nimrod Racing 1 August 2nd 03 03:59 PM