Cyclist problems in Hull

Old May 14th 11, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Cyclist problems in Hull

On May 14, 4:54*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

On May 14, 3:43 pm, Marie wrote:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...icle-3557738-d...

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.

Not a resident - I live between two Yorkshire villages, but I do ride
in that area from time to time, but never on the pavements, so not
really of concern to me at all.

--
Simon Mason

I would have thought that everyone should be concerned about people who
break the law.

Why should I worry about people breaking the law miles away?
The Police have the powers to impose spot fines over a minor nuisance
somewhere and I should lose sleep over it?
How odd.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 14th 11, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Sat, 14 May 2011 09:34:00 -0700 (PDT), Marie
wrote:

On May 14, 5:08*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

On May 14, 3:43 pm, Marie wrote:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...icle-3557738-d...

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.

Not a resident - I live between two Yorkshire villages, but I do ride
in that area from time to time, but never on the pavements, so not
really of concern to me at all.

--
Simon Mason

I would have thought that everyone should be concerned about people who
break the law.

Why should I worry about people breaking the law miles away?
The Police have the powers to impose spot fines over a minor nuisance
somewhere and I should lose sleep over it?
How odd.

--
Simon Mason

Cyclists breaking the law is only a monor nuisance, why is it no
suprise that this is a cyclists answer.

Do you consider a three year old riding their bike on the pavement
outside their home a serious nuisance?
Old May 14th 11, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 14/05/2011 21:10, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2011 09:34:00 -0700 (PDT), Marie
wrote:

On May 14, 5:08 pm, Simon wrote:
On May 14, 4:54 pm, "Mr
wrote:

"Simon wrote in message

On May 14, 3:43 pm, wrote:

[...]

The word "serious" has to be qualified by the circumstances.

If the house were an isolated dwelling in the coiuntryside with a short
stretch of footway outside, probably not.

In a suburb, maybe. It would depend on who else needs to use the footway,
including pedestrians, bus-users, vehicles crossing the footway to gaiun
access to driveways, etc.

Any parent, though, who chooses to let a 3-yr-old out onto the highway on a
bike needs their head testing. Did you really mean *three* years old?
Old May 14th 11, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Sat, 14 May 2011 21:34:24 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 14/05/2011 21:10, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2011 09:34:00 -0700 (PDT), Marie
wrote:

On May 14, 5:08 pm, Simon wrote:
On May 14, 4:54 pm, "Mr
wrote:

"Simon wrote in message

On May 14, 3:43 pm, wrote:

[...]

In that case we are in agreement.

If the house were an isolated dwelling in the coiuntryside with a short
stretch of footway outside, probably not.

In a suburb, maybe. It would depend on who else needs to use the footway,
including pedestrians, bus-users, vehicles crossing the footway to gaiun
access to driveways, etc.

Any parent, though, who chooses to let a 3-yr-old out onto the highway on a
bike needs their head testing. Did you really mean *three* years old?

It was a hypothetical question. I would have expected you to
understand that - clearly I misjudged, and for that I am sorry.
Old May 15th 11, 01:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

wrote:

On 14/05/2011 21:10, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2011 09:34:00 -0700 (PDT), Marie
wrote:

On May 14, 5:08 pm, Simon wrote:
On May 14, 4:54 pm, "Mr
wrote:

"Simon wrote in message

On May 14, 3:43 pm, wrote:

[...]

No need to be "sorry". My answer was also hypothetical. I am sorry and
surprised that you could not understand that.

Old May 15th 11, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 14/05/2011 21:10, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2011 09:34:00 -0700 (PDT), Marie
wrote:

On May 14, 5:08 pm, Simon wrote:
On May 14, 4:54 pm, "Mr
wrote:

"Simon wrote in message

On May 14, 3:43 pm, wrote:

[...]

The appropriate use of a childs toy by a child is fine. Its when anti
social adults try using childrens toys as a form of transport on modern
roads that the problems occur.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.
Old May 16th 11, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 15 May 2011 09:43:00 +0100, davidlang wrote:

The appropriate use of a childs toy by a child is fine. Its when anti
social adults try using childrens toys as a form of transport on modern
roads that the problems occur.

My child's toy is extremely useful and convenient.

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.
Old May 16th 11, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Front Mech

On May 14, 3:43 pm, Marie wrote:

[...]

Absolutely. They should be forced onto the road amongst the cycle-
haters such as Hagfish, Medway and Cheerless. I lay awake worrying
about pavement cycling - it is the major criminal activity facing us
in these barren times.
Old May 16th 11, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 16, 11:42*am, Front Mech wrote:

Do you consider a three year old riding their bike on the pavement
outside their home a serious nuisance?

Absolutely. They should be forced onto the road amongst the cycle-
haters such as Hagfish, Medway and Cheerless. I lay awake worrying
about pavement cycling - it is the major criminal activity facing us
in these barren times.- Hide quoted text -

That's right - those kiddies' trikes should be taxed, insured and MOT
tested. Their riders should wear builder's vests with registration
numbers on and be fined heavily for riding on the pavements. The
trikes should also have big motorbike number plates fixed to them,
front and rear so they can be traced and the kid fined two weeks
pocket money. They are the biggest cause of sleepless nights for
curtain twitchers up and down the land. Today's pavement toddler is
tomorrow's Nova driving hoodie.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 16th 11, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 16/05/2011 12:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 16, 11:42 am, Front wrote:

Do you consider a three year old riding their bike on the pavement
outside their home a serious nuisance?

Absolutely. They should be forced onto the road amongst the cycle-
haters such as Hagfish, Medway and Cheerless. I lay awake worrying
about pavement cycling - it is the major criminal activity facing us
in these barren times.- Hide quoted text -

That's right - those kiddies' trikes should be taxed, insured and MOT
tested. Their riders should wear builder's vests with registration
numbers on and be fined heavily for riding on the pavements. The
trikes should also have big motorbike number plates fixed to them,
front and rear so they can be traced and the kid fined two weeks
pocket money. They are the biggest cause of sleepless nights for
curtain twitchers up and down the land. Today's pavement toddler is
tomorrow's Nova driving hoodie.

Stupid pill overdose again.

Children using their push bikes for their intended purpose - as toys -
do not terrify pedestrians. Immature anti social adults on push bikes
do on a regular basis.

Standard cyclists diversionary tactic.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.

Cyclist problems in Hull Marie UK 31 May 15th 11 04:29 PM
Calling all Hull cyclists Trevor[_2_] UK 4 February 14th 08 09:49 PM
NSCR Northseacycleroute Hull - Newcastle Klaus Steinkamp UK 0 May 5th 07 09:07 AM
Hull to Harwich oash UK 1 July 26th 06 09:35 AM
to hull and back Skunk UK 2 January 14th 04 06:42 PM