Segways

Old July 4th 14, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

Default Segways

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 17:49:42 +0100, Tony Dragon wrote:

On 04/07/2014 14:07, Fredxxx wrote:
On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:32:45 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

He's only an idiot if he doesn't use the 100mph function. If he wants
to go 70, he should buy a cheaper car.

It's time for your medicine.

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does things
you don't want?

Have you ever considered that there might be other reasons for buying a
car other than just it's top speed?

If you buy a car, is that all that matters?

I have a car that I have never driven at its maximum speed. Only an
idiot would say my car is not fit for purpose.

And indeed an idiot did say that.

No, someone who doesn't pay for things he doesn't use.

--
System error 4C: kernel panic
Old July 4th 14, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On 04/07/2014 17:50, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:32:45 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 08:50, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:30:58 +0100, Tony Dragon
wrote:

It's a perfectly sensible reply. You bought a device you aren't using
to its full extent.

Calling someone an idiot who has a car that will do 100mph, suggests you
could cope well with a frontal lobotomy as you're not thinking with all
your brain.

He's only an idiot if he doesn't use the 100mph function. If he wants
to go 70, he should buy a cheaper car.

Can you tell me where I said I haven't used the 100mph speed.

Keep digging.

You said that mobility scooters should go at only 4mph on pavements.

--
Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day. I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"
Old July 4th 14, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:07:02 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

[...]

Oh so you're a snob who likes a comfy car.

--
"The best things in life actually cost a lot of money" - The Beatles

Old July 5th 14, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Fredxxx

On 04/07/2014 23:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

You have to be a snob to desire comfort? That's some statement.

When you grow up you'll understand why.
Old July 5th 14, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Fredxxx

On 04/07/2014 22:47, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:53:53 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:32:45 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 08:50, Uncle Peter wrote:

Calling someone an idiot who has a car that will do 100mph, suggests
you
could cope well with a frontal lobotomy as you're not thinking
with all
your brain.

He's only an idiot if he doesn't use the 100mph function. If he wants
to go 70, he should buy a cheaper car.

It's time for your medicine.

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does things
you don't want?

Well I bought our car for the comfort and the extra power (2.2 litre)
for safer overtaking etc.
It can do 133mph, but I didn't buy it for top speed.
Are you saying, that just because mine can do 133, that I should do that
speed?

Safer overtaking my arse. What you mean is more fun overtaking.

The desire for safety comes with age. Something you clearly don't
appreciate.
Old July 5th 14, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:35:05 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 22:47, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:53:53 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:

It's time for your medicine.

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does things
you don't want?

Well I bought our car for the comfort and the extra power (2.2 litre)
for safer overtaking etc.
It can do 133mph, but I didn't buy it for top speed.
Are you saying, that just because mine can do 133, that I should do that
speed?

Safer overtaking my arse. What you mean is more fun overtaking.

The desire for safety comes with age. Something you clearly don't
appreciate.

What makes you think this desire is a good thing?

--
101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only two Disney animated features in which both the parents are present and don't die throughout the movie.
Old July 5th 14, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:26:46 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 23:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:07:02 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:

It's time for your medicine.

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does things
you don't want?

Have you ever considered that there might be other reasons for buying a
car other than just it's top speed?

If you buy a car, is that all that matters?

I have a car that I have never driven at its maximum speed. Only an
idiot would say my car is not fit for purpose.

Oh so you're a snob who likes a comfy car.

You have to be a snob to desire comfort? That's some statement.

When you grow up you'll understand why.

No, you mean when I become a snooty toffee nosed individual like you, which won't happen.

--
In an attempt to attract a more modern, hipper, high tech type of customer, Campbell's Alphabet Soup now comes with spell check.
Old July 5th 14, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Fredxxx

On 05/07/2014 14:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Clearly you are not old enough to understand.

Segways in shopping centre David Hansen UK 13 November 24th 07 03:09 PM
Why do people always talk about Segways when the see a Unicyclist? Ducttape Unicycling 10 June 12th 06 10:54 PM
Segways Bill Baka General 2 October 6th 05 12:09 AM
6000 Segways recalled Orienteer UK 4 September 29th 03 03:30 PM