doping and what -- no third chance?

Old August 5th 04, 03:08 AM
Jim Flom

Default doping and what -- no third chance?

See you in a couple of weeks, kids.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2638634

Parcells takes a stand on principle

Fans don't understand the NFL's drug policy. They don't understand why
players are constantly given second, third and fourth chances instead of
being tossed off their respective teams. They know there are reasons, but
they don't agree.

Those fans have a new hero in Bill Parcells...

Old August 6th 04, 12:09 AM
Tom Schulenburg

"TritonRider" wrote in message

Try doing some googling for Dwight Gooden and Daryl Strawberry if you

think
baseball actually has a tough policy on drugs.
Cycling is an easy target unfortunately. The MLB Players Association

would
crucify anyone from the management of the sport that suggested any of the

type
of crap that Lance is being tarred with if they had all those negative

tests.
Same for the NFL.
This spring a few baseball players spoke out about Balco and called for a

good
verifiable testing program and almost immediately had a visit from the

Union's
enforcers telling them to shut up.
Bill C

Gooden and Strawberry are pikers compared to Steve Howe. He's the poster
boy for 10 strikes and we'll give you another chance.

-T

Old August 6th 04, 03:19 AM
gwhite

From: (Richard Adams)
Date: 8/5/2004 6:43 PM Eastern

Baseball Penalty Schedule

Positive Measure
-------- ----------------------------------------
1st Treatment
2nd 15 Day suspension OR fine up to $10,000
3rd 25 Day suspension OR fine up to $25,000
4th 50 Day suspension OR fine up to $50,000
5th 1 Year suspention OR fine up to $100,000

I presume 6th and after result in a slap on the wrist
and a stern letter to the player's agent, which may
contain any of the following words/phrases:

"Naughty"
"Bad"
"Gosh darn it all"
"You'll be sorry"
"Bad example to the this country's youth"
"Don't do it again"

Try doing some googling for Dwight Gooden and Daryl Strawberry if you think
baseball actually has a tough policy on drugs.
Cycling is an easy target unfortunately. The MLB Players Association would
crucify anyone from the management of the sport that suggested any of the type
of crap that Lance is being tarred with if they had all those negative tests.
Same for the NFL.
This spring a few baseball players spoke out about Balco and called for a good
verifiable testing program and almost immediately had a visit from the Union's
enforcers telling them to shut up.

No one compares to the ultimate Red Sox player:

ON DRUG TESTING:
"When they asked me about mandatory drug testing, I said, 'Well I've
tested them all but I don't think it should be mandatory.'"

http://www.triumphbooks.com/Little%20Red%20(Sox)%20Book-quotes.htm

He's a very humorous guy.