Where to find a steel straight-blade 1" threaded road fork

Old August 17th 04, 11:06 PM
Craig

Default Where to find a steel straight-blade 1" threaded road fork

Maybe someone can help me on this one: trying to locate a steel
straight-blade 1" threaded road fork.
Just really like the look....what can I say.
I'd imagine there isn't a performance gain in a straight-blade, I'm thinking
it may even be a detriment? Care to explain?

thanks craig

Old August 18th 04, 01:06 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:06:43 -0400, "Craig"
wrote:

I'd imagine there isn't a performance
gain in a straight-blade, I'm thinking
it may even be a detriment? Care to explain?

No detriment, no benefit, the difference is cosmetic..

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 18th 04, 06:15 AM
Eagle Jackson

"Craig" wrote in message news:bkvUc.21308$pT5.2406@lakeread05...
Maybe someone can help me on this one: trying to locate a steel
straight-blade 1" threaded road fork.

I'm pretty sure that Colnago makes a straight bladed 1" steel fork.
Only with the C50 did they switch to 1 1/8", and that's a carbon fork.
Their steel bikes like the Master X-Light have steel forks, they're
straight bladed, and 1".
Old August 18th 04, 07:24 AM
Francesco Devittori

Eagle Jackson wrote:
"Craig" wrote in message news:bkvUc.21308$pT5.2406@lakeread05...

Maybe someone can help me on this one: trying to locate a steel
straight-blade 1" threaded road fork.

I'm pretty sure that Colnago makes a straight bladed 1" steel fork.
Only with the C50 did they switch to 1 1/8", and that's a carbon fork.
Their steel bikes like the Master X-Light have steel forks, they're
straight bladed, and 1".

It's called Precisa. Newer models are threadless but older ones (like
mine :-) ) are threaded.
If you can find one new, it should be somewhat expensive like everything
colnago.
On ebay I saw some and if you search for online stores in Germany you
should also find what you are looking for (look for 'Gabel').

Francesco
Old August 18th 04, 04:24 PM
Richard Chan

"Craig" wrote in message news:bkvUc.21308$pT5.2406@lakeread05...
Maybe someone can help me on this one: trying to locate a steel
straight-blade 1" threaded road fork.
Just really like the look....what can I say.

Craig, how about a new take-off from a Colnago C-40 (Colnago, the
father of straight forks?), Mapei team blue paint scheme. C-40 extra
fancy sloping crown. Full chrome underneath. New Dura Ace headset can
be included. How long a steerer length do you need? Email me private
please.