Segways

Old October 3rd 05, 01:07 AM
Bill Baka

Default Segways

Neil Brooks wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

I submit that on or about Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:32:11 GMT, the person
known to the court as Neil Brooks made a
statement in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

Wrong group to look for pity on.

Because none of us is caring, sympathetic, compassionate or
kindhearted ... or because you're just an a$$hole?

How about: because some of us recognise satire when we see it?

Don't really know Bill Baka, do you, Guy?

Nobody here does, really. I am actually sociable to a fault when I am
riding and meet someone, even helping people with car trouble. It is
only that a few people here try to flame everything I say, good or bad,
right or wrong. If someone is in relatively good shape but gets sore
feet from walking, sure, use a Segway. If it is from laziness, walk.
A segway is more of a toy to me than a practical item. A bling-bling, to
use last years term. How much can you carry and is it even allowed in an
office? My whole philosophy is why sit when you can stand, why walk when
you can run, and why not ride your bike when you can? Any brand, just do
it. My rides are not trying to break my old speed record, just rides
that happen to be healthy.
If that is a definition of an a$$hole then I guess I am.
Bill Baka
Old October 3rd 05, 06:59 PM
Neil Brooks

Bill Baka wrote:

Neil Brooks wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

[...]

1) Somebody who's nice to you but not nice to the waiter isn't a nice
person;

2) /This/ is your post to which I was responding, not your
half-hearted, after-the-fact, disingenuous back-pedaling above:

Quote:
Try not eating for about 6 months and just chew on antacid tablets
like Tums. Calcium carbonate. Strong bones, no calories. If I ever got
that fat I would shoot myself.

Wrong group to look for pity on.

Get a bike and ride. I haven't seen any Segways around here but a lot
of scooter chairs here the rider gets up and stands to get things off
of the high shelves.

Laziness is not an option for a well lived life.

Bill
I recognized the OP as sarcasm, but--knowing you--figured you didn't.
Your post shows a total lack of empathy, and disdain, for those who
struggle with their weight.

It also implies that those who are heavy (or use mobility assistance
devices) are in that situation because they are lazy; they should
starve themselves to lose weight to avoid being the lazy slobs that
you assume they all are.

Any questions?
Old October 6th 05, 12:09 AM
Bill

Neil Brooks wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

Neil Brooks wrote:

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

[...]

I don't want to keep this thread alive by arguing semantics here but mny
of those people with the power chairs whom are way past 'morbidly obese'
get that way to get on disability and welfare. Too many people I know
are milking the system with things like that. The guy with a 'bad back'
stacking cord of wood while he collects SSI, etc.

If people want to live that way and die by 50 then that is their choice,
but it ****es me off to have my taxes go that way.

FWIW, I have a friend who is way overweight and knows it but he is
retired at 53 and doesn't need SSI and still gets around on his own. He
even manages to ride his Cannondale once in a while, something I am
trying to get him to do more of. He is not lazy, just an Internet-aholic.
Bill