Giant OCR (1 or 2) vs. Iron Horse Triumph Comp

Old July 10th 05, 03:32 AM
w0den

Default Giant OCR (1 or 2) vs. Iron Horse Triumph Comp

I started a thread a while ago looking to buy a new bike. I had
originally wanted a hybrid, but decided on a road bike. I think I have
narrowed it down to a couple of choices. Either the OCR 1 or 2, or the
Iron horse triumph comp. I took a test ride on the OCR 3, and really
liked it (I am testing out the higher end bike tomorrow). I am
probably going to go with the OCR, since the geometry is a bit less
aggressive, and it has some features of a touring bike, which appeals
to me. I have a couple of questions.
1) Does anyone know how much the Giant OCR bikes weigh? I cant seem to
find that info anywhere.
2) Does anyone have any experience with the Iron horse bikes? A 105
component set for $650-$750 seems a bit to good to be true. Are they
reliable? Are they well made? I am still looking for a place to try
one out.
3) Does anyone know if the OCR 1 has the screws to attach a rack?
(just curious, I think I saw a post that said that that feature was
only on the OCR 1 & 2.
4) Anyone know anything about the wheels on the OCR bikes? Are thy
good wheels?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Old July 10th 05, 06:40 AM
chrisc

Got an OCR 3. Very satisfied with it. The wheels are Alex rims which have
taken some beatings and are doing fine. Not sure what the bike weighs. the
dealer told me it was in the lower 20's. Maybe even 20 pounds. That was with
the toeclips that came with it. i switched to clipless. Try giving Giant a
call for the exact weight . Now you got my curiousity going. I mess with my
buddy who has a Bianchi road bike and has a rack on it. I tell him you want
a quick lightweight bike. Then you start throwing racks and all kinds of
gadgets on it.

oups.com...

Old July 11th 05, 01:03 AM
HCarlH

w0den wrote:
[...]

I'm just a weekend warrior, but I just bought the OCR-2 on Friday. I'm
very happy with the purchase...no regrets. The OCR-2 comes with
combination pedals. Clipless on one side and the other side allows you
to use regular shoes. I believe the OCR-2 has better components than the
OCR-3. I've had several compliments so far from others on the looks
alone.

I have the Giant Iguana Disc mountain bike so I am aware of Giant's rep
for "more bang for the buck". Very true.

Carl
Old July 11th 05, 05:03 AM
Jeff Starr

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:03:21 -0700, HCarlH
NO_ORANGECOUNTYCARL_SPAM@OOHAY_SPELLED_BACKWARDS. COM wrote:

I'm just a weekend warrior, but I just bought the OCR-2 on Friday. I'm
very happy with the purchase...no regrets. The OCR-2 comes with
combination pedals. Clipless on one side and the other side allows you
to use regular shoes. I believe the OCR-2 has better components than the
OCR-3. I've had several compliments so far from others on the looks
alone.

I have the Giant Iguana Disc mountain bike so I am aware of Giant's rep
for "more bang for the buck". Very true.

Carl

Hi, your pedals are most likely double sided clip ins, with a plastic
adapter. Take a close look, you can probably remove the platform
adapter by twisting it the same way you release your cleated shoe.

My friend didn't release that he had the adapter for the first month
that he owned his OCR 1.

Life is Good!
Jeff