Car free Bank junction praised by cyclists... but drivers brazenlyflout ban

Old May 22nd 17, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Car free Bank junction praised by cyclists... but drivers brazenlyflout ban

Drivers have been brazenly flouting a traffic ban at Bank junction which
was brought in to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians.

The new rules, brought in after the death of a cyclist at the
notoriously busy interchange, were enforced from 7am today. All vehicles
apart from cyclists and buses are banned from using it before 7pm.

But footage taken during the busy morning commute shows drivers
blatantly disregarding the new regulations and driving through.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3545041.html
Old May 22nd 17, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 22 May 2017 15:13:14 +0100, Bod wrote:

Drivers have been brazenly flouting a traffic ban at Bank junction which
was brought in to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians.

The new rules, brought in after the death of a cyclist at the
notoriously busy interchange, were enforced from 7am today. All vehicles
apart from cyclists and buses are banned from using it before 7pm.

But footage taken during the busy morning commute shows drivers
blatantly disregarding the new regulations and driving through.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3545041.html

If it's the cyclists that are dying, why not ban the cyclists?

--
War is god's way of teaching Americans geography -- Ambrose Bierce
Old May 22nd 17, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

On Mon, 22 May 2017 15:13:14 +0100, Bod wrote:

Drivers have been brazenly flouting a traffic ban at Bank junction which
was brought in to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians.

The new rules, brought in after the death of a cyclist at the
notoriously busy interchange, were enforced from 7am today. All vehicles
apart from cyclists and buses are banned from using it before 7pm.

But footage taken during the busy morning commute shows drivers
blatantly disregarding the new regulations and driving through.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3545041.html

Typical law-breaking scum.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old May 22nd 17, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:13:16 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
Drivers have been brazenly flouting a traffic ban at Bank junction which
was brought in to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians.

The new rules, brought in after the death of a cyclist at the
notoriously busy interchange, were enforced from 7am today. All vehicles
apart from cyclists and buses are banned from using it before 7pm.

But footage taken during the busy morning commute shows drivers
blatantly disregarding the new regulations and driving through.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3545041.html

This story and the video are obviously fake.
Only cyclists break the law.

Speed and red light cameras are a waste of money because they never catch any number plated vehicles.

Old May 22nd 17, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 22 May 2017 16:40:13 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:13:16 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
Drivers have been brazenly flouting a traffic ban at Bank junction which
was brought in to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians.

The new rules, brought in after the death of a cyclist at the
notoriously busy interchange, were enforced from 7am today. All vehicles
apart from cyclists and buses are banned from using it before 7pm.

But footage taken during the busy morning commute shows drivers
blatantly disregarding the new regulations and driving through.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3545041.html

This story and the video are obviously fake.
Only cyclists break the law.

Since there are more drivers than cyclists using that junction, why ban the majority? Does democracy mean anything to you? Ban the cyclists, same outcome, no squished cyclists, but more people can continue to use the junction.

Speed and red light cameras are a waste of money because they never catch any number plated vehicles.

I've got them all listed on my satnav so I can flout the stupid law.

--
I was telling a girl in the pub about my ability to guess what day a woman was born just by feeling her boobs.
"Really" she said, "Go on then.... try."
Old May 22nd 17, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 5:28:08 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2017 16:40:13 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:13:16 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
Drivers have been brazenly flouting a traffic ban at Bank junction which
was brought in to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians.

The new rules, brought in after the death of a cyclist at the
notoriously busy interchange, were enforced from 7am today. All vehicles
apart from cyclists and buses are banned from using it before 7pm.

But footage taken during the busy morning commute shows drivers
blatantly disregarding the new regulations and driving through.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3545041.html

This story and the video are obviously fake.
Only cyclists break the law.

Since there are more drivers than cyclists using that junction, why ban the majority?

Can you provide proof of this?

Does democracy mean anything to you?

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

Ban the cyclists, same outcome, no squished cyclists, but more people can continue to use the junction.

Most car crashes are caused by men, lets make 'Driving whilst male' an offence.

Speed and red light cameras are a waste of money because they never catch any number plated vehicles.

I've got them all listed on my satnav so I can flout the stupid law.

Typical spongeing freeloader doelscum motorist.

Old May 22nd 17, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 22 May 2017 18:15:59 +0100, wrote:

[...]

Just go and stand on any pavement and watch.

Does democracy mean anything to you?

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

If you think that a minority can be correct while the majority is wrong then you're an idiot. Why should that minority be able to say they are the correct ones?

Ban the cyclists, same outcome, no squished cyclists, but more people can continue to use the junction.

Most car crashes are caused by men, lets make 'Driving whilst male' an offence.

Actually they're not. Women cause more crashes, men cause bigger crashes.

Anyway my point is, cyclists are a minority, it wouldn't affect society much to ban them from a junction. Banning a large number of car drivers does though.

Speed and red light cameras are a waste of money because they never catch any number plated vehicles.

I've got them all listed on my satnav so I can flout the stupid law.

Typical spongeing freeloader doelscum motorist.

Try to make less than 2 spelling errors per sentence. Typical illiterate psycholist wannabe tour de france rider in kinky underwear and a learner's helmet.

And what does sponging have to do with breaking petty traffic laws?

--
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.
Old May 22nd 17, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 6:47:13 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

We are talking about one particular junction which cars cannot legally use.
Since only cyclists break the law this means there are no cars using that junction.

Does democracy mean anything to you?

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

If you think that a minority can be correct while the majority is wrong then you're an idiot. Why should that minority be able to say they are the correct ones?

Is it OK if the majority vote to exterminate all left handed redheads?

Ban the cyclists, same outcome, no squished cyclists, but more people can continue to use the junction.

Most car crashes are caused by men, lets make 'Driving whilst male' an offence.

Actually they're not. Women cause more crashes, men cause bigger crashes.

Evidence?

Anyway my point is, cyclists are a minority, it wouldn't affect society much to ban them from a junction. Banning a large number of car drivers does though.

No car drivers use the junction in question because they never break the law.

Speed and red light cameras are a waste of money because they never catch any number plated vehicles.

I've got them all listed on my satnav so I can flout the stupid law.

Typical spongeing freeloader doelscum motorist.

Try to make less than 2 spelling errors per sentence. Typical illiterate psycholist wannabe tour de france rider in kinky underwear and a learner's helmet.

And what does sponging have to do with breaking petty traffic laws?

--
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

True story.

Old May 22nd 17, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 22 May 2017 19:37:23 +0100, wrote:

[...]

Irrelevant, what matters is how many used it before the restriction.

Does democracy mean anything to you?

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

If you think that a minority can be correct while the majority is wrong then you're an idiot. Why should that minority be able to say they are the correct ones?

Is it OK if the majority vote to exterminate all left handed redheads?

Of course.

Ban the cyclists, same outcome, no squished cyclists, but more people can continue to use the junction.

Most car crashes are caused by men, lets make 'Driving whilst male' an offence.

Actually they're not. Women cause more crashes, men cause bigger crashes.

Evidence?

DYOFR.

Anyway my point is, cyclists are a minority, it wouldn't affect society much to ban them from a junction. Banning a large number of car drivers does though.

No car drivers use the junction in question because they never break the law.

Irrelevant, what matters is how many used it before the restriction.

Speed and red light cameras are a waste of money because they never catch any number plated vehicles.

I've got them all listed on my satnav so I can flout the stupid law.

Typical spongeing freeloader doelscum motorist.

Try to make less than 2 spelling errors per sentence. Typical illiterate psycholist wannabe tour de france rider in kinky underwear and a learner's helmet.

And what does sponging have to do with breaking petty traffic laws?

--
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

True story.

It's a sig joke. Using it against me is childish.

--
"One dies in Istanbul suicide attack"
Old May 23rd 17, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 23.05.2017 06:45, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

--
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

True story.

It's a sig joke. Using it against me is childish.

I'll take your blatherings any way I like.
Thank God I am childish in YOUR eyes.