SUS Forks: 'Zocchi vs Fox...

Old April 10th 06, 02:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default SUS Forks: 'Zocchi vs Fox...

Andy R. wrote:
Good low priced seals at Enduro seals. 20 bucks for seals for my Zocchoi
EXR pro. http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

I just installed a set of those in my '99 Z2 Atom Bomb. In the
instructions on the website, they recommend using the Marzocchi Seal
Press or an inverted socket (a rather large one) to press the oil seal
into place and piece of 1-1/4" PVC pipe for the dust seal. I didn't
have any of those on hand but I found an old aluminum tube that was used
for the main rear suspension pivot on my Schwinn Sweet Spot URT bike
that was exactly the right size. Talk about a stroke of luck. I sold
the bike years ago (with a new pivot) but kept that damned aluminum tube
because it looked like it might be just the right size for something
someday.