Rohloff Hub: Anybody Managed To Pull The Unit Out Of Shell?

Old November 8th 08, 08:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Default Rohloff Hub: Anybody Managed To Pull The Unit Out Of Shell?

Been getting some strange noises from back there.

I suppose it *could* be the chain/cog but it sure sounds/feels
like it's coming from inside the hub.

Looking at/feeling the Torx bolts that hold the insides in place
it seems like attempted removal might be an invitation to
stripped or broken bolts.

OTOH, if there are bits of metal floating around in there, they
need to come out.

OTOOH, I suppose I could box the whole wheel up and send it in
for inspection - but that's beau coups bucks.

Has anybody successfully removed the mechanism from the shell?

If so, is there a technique?
--
PeteCresswell