World Naked Bike Ride

Old June 4th 04, 08:32 AM
DRS

Default World Naked Bike Ride

"flyingdutch" wrote in message
news
Drs wrote:
It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has

been for many years.

kinda wierd that your the one quoting etiquette tho, aint it

My Usenet etiquette is excellent.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 4th 04, 08:32 AM
DRS

"hippy" wrote in message
news
Originally posted by Drs
"Andrew Morris" wrote
so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been
for many years.

The problem is that many people aren't posting to a.b from a
newsreader nowadays. Many don't even know what usenet is and would
certainly not be aware of top/bottom posting.

He is using OE.

It doesn't help that one of the most common newsreader (OE) basically
sets users up for top-posting.

Problem solved: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 4th 04, 08:33 AM
DRS

"Ritch" wrote in message
"DRS" wrote in message
"Andrew Morris" wrote in message

so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has
been for many years.

FWIW, I agree that "bottom-posting" (eeww) is preferable to
top-posting, but I've given up on complaining about people that do it.
In much the same way, I've given up btiching about bicycle red-light
runners: fcuk 'em. If they want to become a hood ornament, that's
their business... they think its safe and has no effect on anyone
else, what is the chance that they'll listen to me?

If nobody says anything then how will the children learn?

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 4th 04, 08:34 AM
DRS

"Ray" wrote in message
. au
A. Netcops

It lacks the biting irony of the original.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 4th 04, 09:45 AM
ritcho

flyingdutch wrote:
Slumming it in D-grade again?
keep that up and you'll get the dirty looks and mutterings as the higher
grade passes you (saw this happen to a dude at Kew ealrier in the year,
but me being so green didnt realise what all the rhubarb was about till
someone pointed it out to me later)

Slumming it? I've only had one race! I honestly (no, really) didn't kno
what sort of speeds the different grades run. I'll give C-grade a g
tomorrow and see what happens..

Ritc

-

Old June 4th 04, 12:25 PM
Andrew Morris

good on ya champ... I've been on Usenet for over 10 years, and you're the
first person to make an issue of top posting....

"DRS" wrote in message
"Andrew Morris" wrote in message

so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been for
many years.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 4th 04, 12:29 PM
Andrew Morris

Yep, I'm using OE... good for me... I also use rtin, when in a unix shell,
and you know what? it top posts also!

"DRS" wrote in message
"hippy" wrote in message
news
Originally posted by Drs
"Andrew Morris" wrote
so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been
for many years.

The problem is that many people aren't posting to a.b from a
newsreader nowadays. Many don't even know what usenet is and would
certainly not be aware of top/bottom posting.

He is using OE.

It doesn't help that one of the most common newsreader (OE) basically
sets users up for top-posting.

Problem solved: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 4th 04, 09:01 PM
DRS

Thus proving that you're a selfish **** no matter which platform you use.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 4th 04, 09:01 PM
DRS

"Andrew Morris" wrote in message

good on ya champ... I've been on Usenet for over 10 years, and you're
the first person to make an issue of top posting....

You should get out more.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 5th 04, 12:57 AM
Plodder

Didn't know there was a problem to solve... I only ever see one person
complaining.

Frank

"DRS" wrote in message
Problem solved: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

A: Top-posters.

2004 Mayors' Ride FINAL Report Cycle America Rides 0 August 5th 04 04:21 PM
Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride Danny Colyer UK 1 June 14th 04 08:14 PM
Curse be damned, I got to ride! Rick Onanian Rides 0 April 23rd 04 04:09 AM
FAQ? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 October 1st 03 01:02 PM
First road bike: braking? Alan Hoyle General 47 September 28th 03 11:40 PM