Another heartwarming story.

Old October 3rd 11, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Another heartwarming story.

Feet up at 77? I prefer a 1,000 mile cycle ride the length of Britain
instead!

"A BOWLS-PLAYING pensioner swapped flat greens for the open road when he
fulfilled a lifelong ambition by cycling from Land's End to John o'Groats.
Whitnash resident Vic Paget, 77 and a member of Royal Leamington Spa Bowling
Club, drew inspiration for the bicycle ride from hearing about others who
had taken on the challenge while club chairman Peter Higgins instigated the
fundraising effort for Parkinson's UK.
Mr Paget's wife Valerie, 75, has had Parkinson's disease for nine years and
she had planned a trip to Canada while he cycled the 1,000-mile route but
her doctor advised her not to go. She receives treatment every five months
at University Hospital in Nottingham. With his wife's struggle in mind Mr
Paget completed the journey in two weeks, finishing last week. He said: "I
found it reasonably easy, I didn't cycle up the big hills I just walked up
those but all in all I covered about 70 miles each day.

http://www.warwickcourier.co.uk/comm...tead_1_3105850

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/