V-Rex Seat Suggestions?

Old April 23rd 07, 10:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Slo Joe Recumbo

Default V-Rex Seat Suggestions?

On Apr 23, 1:09 am, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
wrote:
On Apr 21, 1:51 pm, Slo Joe Recumbo wrote:

(SNIP)

Point two (2) - My contention that this is a Usenet newsgroup and not
a message board is factually correct.

Not exactly. There are numerous definitions that liken a newsgroup to
a message board. Have fun reading

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...2,GGLR:en&defl...

Usenet being a distributed system makes it fundamentally different
from a unitary message board and definitions that conflate the two are
wrong.

No problem Tom. I'll correct part of my posting.

Original Posting: I don't frequent this board, so if you do need/want
more info, feel
free to write to me at that email address.

Change to: I don't frequent this NEWSGROUP, a distributed system, so
if you do need/want more info, feel
free to write to me at RandoChina AT yahoo DOT com. .

The offer is for anyone interested in converting a RANS seat on a V-
REX to a Bacchetta EuroMesh seat. Sorry for going Off Topic.

Old April 24th 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Apr 23, 4:28 pm, Slo Joe Recumbo aka Joe Keenan wrote:
The offer is for anyone interested in converting a RANS seat on a V-
REX to a Bacchetta EuroMesh seat. Sorry for going Off Topic.

What does one do with the leftover RANS seat after the conversion?

Personally, I think a RANS seat office chair would be cool.

Old April 25th 07, 10:10 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Freewheeling" wrote in message
[...]
I've also had an operation recently, turning my ":" into a ";", if you
know what I mean. I've had some complications that aren't serious, but
just uncomfortable. In view of that I should probably wait until the
complications settle down and then do some riding to judge what seat
position and type works best for me.

[...]
Nope, that's not my problem. I had a colonectomy, which has caused some
inflammation and thrombosis "down south". In theory it'll go away
eventually. I guess I shouldn't have used the actual graphic punctuation
marks. Had I just said "turned my colon into a semicolon" it might have
been clearer. Thanks again for the advice.

I got the "colon into a semicolon," but I still do not know what you had. I
suspect either colon cancer or colitis. Colitis is a fearsome disease that
can just about kill you any number of ways.

The VA is always checking us for colon cancer via any bleeding in the stool.
But I wonder if that test is any good?

I suspect you will want to be very laid back, but a mesh seat can do that as
well as a hardback seat. I also think you will want the crank to be at least
seat level or even somewhat higher provided you do not get foot numbness.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 26th 07, 09:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Apr 25, 4:10 am, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

Hey Ed,

Please pay attention. Scott was posting back as far as the last
century on issues with hot foot (in the right foot).

Old May 2nd 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The truth is that I do NOT pay much attention to anything unless it is right
in front of me. I also have a very bad memory for trivia. I do not apologize
for this. In fact, I consider it a strength not to clutter up my mind with
trivial information. That leaves it free for important matters - like
contemplating my navel, a pursuit that I never tire of. I suggest you spend
more time contemplating your navel too and less time cluttering up your mind
with trivial information. You will be a far, far better man for it!